Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Trash Talk Needed in Professional Golf?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    I think golf could use some more personality. The fans, including me, love John Daly mostly cause he is very colorful. It seems 99% percent of the golfers are made from a giant cookie cutter. No offense to these golfers but what really strikes you about -

Faxon, Toms, Singh, Campbell, Mayfair, Cink, Verplank, Zack Johnson, Ben Curtis, Mize, Toms, Leman ect. ect. ect.

In the past, mostly, we enjoyed-

FUZZY
    THE WALRUS
    THE BIG EASY
    CHI CHI
    TREVINO
    THE BEAR
    PLAYER
    PALMER

Anyway i think the reason there are a lot of "robots" on the course on your TV on sunday is the nature of the game. Unlike most sports golf is so difficult a great player can shoot 63 on thursday and come back friday with a 74. Thats kinda like a 200m sprinter running 19.74 in his semi and then running 20.8 in the final with no physical reason for the slowing.

I think golf rewards people who dont get too excited or show much personaity or emotion. I compare it to a great pilot whos plane has lost an engine, is losing alltitude and theres smoke in the cockpit. He stays totally calm. He doesnt gain anything by being overtaken by any emotion, quite the opposite. Of course in golf there are exceptions to this rule, but not too many.

So a golfer talking smack and then shooting 74 is just plain pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan
    started a topic More Trash Talk Needed in Professional Golf?

More Trash Talk Needed in Professional Golf?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15221138/

"Look at what (Rafael) Nadal has done for tennis because of the way he is, like a boxer. You never hear anyone coming out and saying I want to beat Tiger Woods - I haven't heard that,'' Norman added. "Nadal comes out and says he wants to beat Roger Federer because he's No. 1 and that's great for tennis.''
Working...
X