Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow -- Marshall team forced to evacuate plane!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    [quote="stiffdogg"] when no other team in any sport (to the best of my recollection) has been involved in one in those 36 years? (Or has there been? I'm talking full team.)
    The odds must be somewhere in the vacinity of the sun burning out tomorrow.

University of Evansville basketball... late 70's.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Heavy local(Cincinnati) connection on the team that went down.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 1077/COL02

Leave a comment:

• stiffdogg
    replied
    With all the teams and all the air travel involved with professional and collegiate sports, I'm amazed we don't hear more stories about plane crashes involving teams. Guess it just goes to show you how safe air travel really is. Now here's a question. Had the Marshall team been involved in another crash, what would have been the statistical odds that the same school would have been involved in a similar aviation disaster when no other team in any sport (to the best of my recollection) has been involved in one in those 36 years? (Or has there been? I'm talking full team.)
    The odds must be somewhere in the vacinity of the sun burning out tomorrow.

www.stephenpaske.com

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    started a topic Wow -- Marshall team forced to evacuate plane!

Wow -- Marshall team forced to evacuate plane!

Talk about spooky, almost 36 years to the day, when the Marshall team plane crashed after a game at East Carolina, the current Marshall team had to evacuate their plane today prior to takeoff. Who were they on their way to play? East Carolina. The sports information director on the plane that crashed was Gene Morehouse. His son, Keith, was on the plane today. Smoke coming from the engine was the reason for the team having to evacuate the plane. Damn!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... FHeadlines

A movie about the Marshall tragedy will come out on December 22. BTW, they filmed a lot of that movie in Atlanta. Airport scenes were at Charlie Brown Field, a great little art deco-style airport on the west side of town.
Working...
X