Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanford graduation rates

Can't believe that the University allows the release of this "sensitive" data.

Re: Stanford graduation rates

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    OK. (????)

Comment

Why do you deem it sensitive? They're bragging:

89 percent of scholarship athletes who entered Stanford University in 1999 graduated within six years, compared with 94 percent of all students. . . .
      The graduation rate was much higher than the average of other Division I universities and colleges, where 63 percent of scholarship athletes and 61 percent of all students graduated.

Comment

Isn't all of that considered public information?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
          Maybe, maybe not. Stanford is a private university. It may not be required to divulge this info.

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
            Originally posted by polevaultpower
            Originally posted by "Bruce Kritzler":x99t1aax
            Maybe, maybe not. Stanford is a private university. It may not be required to divulge this info.[/quote:x99t1aax]

With the new APR rating, I would imagine the graduation rates of NCAA DI college athletes are going to get a lot more public over the next few years.

Maybe private schools have to divulge this information somewhere as part of their accredidation? When I first transferred to Lindenwood, I was looking through various booklets they gave me, and I found these numbers buried in one them. Lindenwood has an abysmal graduation rate of incoming freshmen (most transfer) and I can't imagine they would publish this information if they didn't have to. I seem to recall seeing the same type of information available at Florida and Georgia.

Comment

CFR: Title 34 — Part 668.46: Information on Completion or Graduation Rates:

The college completion rates or graduation rates (including transfer rates and student athlete rates — Part 668.49) will be made accessible to the public.

Federal regulation code.

Comment

Working...
              X