Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official college football thread (Vegas style)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official college football thread (Vegas style)

Wow, what a game! It's a shame that #1 and #2 have to play each other before the championship. I still feel we saw the best two teams in the nation tonight.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/gameTrax?g ... 0611180033
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

By beating his arch-rival for the third year in a row, OSU QB Troy Smith just won the Heisman. Carr is Coach of the Year. (and hurdler Ted Ginn is pretty good too) I think Bo would be proud of the game his Wolverines played.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      Carr is Coach of the Year.
      Disagree. Greg Schiano of Rutgers, especially if they don't stumble against the Bearcats tonight or WV next week.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Pretty sure Ohio State will lose in national title game.

Agree also that Rutgers coach should be coach of year.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Disagree. Greg Schiano of Rutgers, especially if they don't stumble against the Bearcats tonight or WV next week.
          I'll put money on WVa next week. Rutgers is having a Cinderella season, but I think the clock will strike midnight next Saturday in mid-game. You're right on Schiano, though; he's having a helluva year. Carr certainly has much more talent at his diposal, but Schiano has been quietly recruiting blue-chippers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol

Pretty sure you're on drugs. They played in the national title game tonight.

A rematch, however unlikely it may seem now, would be a concern though.

Comment

Not gonna happen. Not with Tressel as their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackshark
                A USC match-up would be ideal, but beating Cal AND ND AND UCLA is a tall order. I'm seeing OSU and Florida in the title game and OSU handlling Fla pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by guru

Cincy up 17-3 at the half. Proud of my Bearcats, but yikes! Rutgers did rally from 18 down against Louisville, so we shall see......

Comment

Originally posted by Trackshark
                    A USC match-up would be ideal, but beating Cal AND ND AND UCLA is a tall order. I'm seeing OSU and Florida in the title game and OSU handlling Fla pretty easily.

I think when the dust settles, it will be Notre Dame. They'll take out USC next week, which may be enough to put them over Florida whether or not Florida loses in the SEC Championship game(which I think will happen).

That would be a fun game to watch, very similar to today. A big time offensive shoot-out.

Comment

Go Blue!

Much as I hate Notre Dame, I'm rooting for them to beat USC ... which will virtually assure MICHIGAN another shot at OSU, this time on neutral ground.

No way ND goes to the championship ahead of a Michigan team that manhandled it - in South Bend.[/b]

Comment

OSU with seven weeks until their next game?? I vote (not bet) for whoever they are playing on that alone . . .

Comment

Re: Go Blue!

Originally posted by dr ngo
                          Much as I hate Notre Dame, I'm rooting for them to beat USC ... which will virtually assure MICHIGAN another shot at OSU, this time on neutral ground.

No way ND goes to the championship ahead of a Michigan team that manhandled it - in South Bend.[/b]

Poll voters have short memories. If ND beats USC, and Florida loses to Arkansas, ND will be in the championship game.

If Michigan is to get a rematch here's what needs to happen(IMHO):

USC beats Notre Dame

UCLA beats USC

Arkansas beats Florida

This assumes Michigan falls no further than 5th in today's BCS rankings. I predict they will be exactly 5th just ahead of Arkansas. Even so, if Arkansas does beat Florida, Michigan will have a hard time staying ahead of them in the BCS. It's all in how the poll voters think.

Comment

Why should Michigan fall that low? They lost to the only undefeated team by three points, unlike the other high-ranked once-defeated teams, which lost to lesser opponents. You could easily argue that they should be ranked #2 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                              Why should Michigan fall that low? They lost to the only undefeated team by three points, unlike the other high-ranked once-defeated teams, which lost to lesser opponents. You could easily argue that they should be ranked #2 at this point.

I agree completely, but unfortunately for Michigan it doesn't work that way. It's all about timing. BCS voters are going to think of it as Michigan had their shot. After all, if there is a rematch and Michigan wins, then what does that say about who is the national champion?

The only team that truly controls their own destiny at this point is USC. It all comes down to next week against Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                              X