X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The last-minute rescue of the great British breakfast'

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/foo ... 84,00.html

<< ......
    It's enough to gladden the heart and harden the arteries. The Little Chef chain which for 48 years has been pelting British motorists - including John Major - with high-quality plates of protein, fat, carbohydrate, fat, fat and an extra serving of fat,....>>

How did I miss this place?!

I mostly love British breakfasts. The baked beans and stewed tomatoes were strange, but I acclimated. In Scotland, I had kippers, which I like, but not so much in the morning. I usually don't eat breakfast, per se, except on vacation. At home, it's croissant, English muffin or bagel. On holiday, a breakfast (fruestuck, peitit d'journer) usually obivates the need for lunch, saving both time and money.

Comment

Fruhstuck, Mike, and petit dejeuner.

Now with an Irish farmhouse breakfast you'd get black pudding (blood sausage) and chips, as well as the eggs, fried bread, and bacon.

And I love kippers. Canadians have good kippers, and it's a staple in good Canadian hotel breakfasts.

Bon appetit!

Comment

Re: 'The last-minute rescue of the great British breakfast'

Originally posted by gh
        http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/food/story/0,,1984184,00.html

<< ......
        It's enough to gladden the heart and harden the arteries. The Little Chef chain which for 48 years has been pelting British motorists - including John Major - with high-quality plates of protein, fat, carbohydrate, fat, fat and an extra serving of fat,....>>

How did I miss this place?!
        Likely not doing enough driving around Britain, GH! Love me some Little Chef...

Comment

Originally posted by oneill
          Fruhstuck, Mike, and petit dejeuner.
          I took spelling lessons from Squack Actually, too lazy to look it up ops:

Comment

British breakfasts and bongo drum beaters -- a match made in heaven.

Comment

Working...
            X