Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    In one of the post game interviews, one of the Florida players said "they considered Tedd Ginn, Jr. to be an SEC player, not a Big 10 player. But aside from him, everyone else on their team was just a Big 10 player." Those aren't exact quotes, but that's the best I can remember.

If that's true, it's disappointing. Urban Meyer is a local guy whose dad still lives here in Cincinnati, and it was hard for me to feel too disappointed his team won. But that's a classless remark you would NEVER hear from a Jim Tressel-coached player.

Very disappointing.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
      In one of the post game interviews, one of the Florida players said "they considered Tedd Ginn, Jr. to be an SEC player, not a Big 10 player. But aside from him, everyone else on their team was just a Big 10 player." Those aren't exact quotes, but that's the best I can remember.

If that's true, it's disappointing. Urban Meyer is a local guy whose dad still lives here in Cincinnati, and it was hard for me to feel too disappointed his team won. But that's a classless remark you would NEVER hear from a Jim Tressel-coached player.

Very disappointing.
      It wasn't classless. It was fact. Those Buckeyes, I could outrun those guys. And your QB. Whatever his name is. What a joke of a Heisman winner.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
        Originally posted by tafnut
        Do I hear the faint strains of an obese female contralto?
        More likely a mezzo-soprano, but I get your drift :x
        Actually, I believe the original reference was to Brunhilde's singing at the end of the immolation scene, which concludes Wagner's Ring. Definitely a soprano.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          Actually, I believe the original reference was to Brunhilde's singing at the end of the immolation scene, which concludes Wagner's Ring. Definitely a soprano.
          And who sez we ain't got no culcher here?

Comment

Troy Smith dropped to free agency after that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
              In the Canadian league, Europe or indoor? :P
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                Originally posted by tandfman
                And who sez we ain't got no culcher here?

It helps to date one(though she's decidedly more svelte :wink: ).
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  Hey now. :twisted: :twisted:

Okay I really have no defense here but someone has to show some national indignation.

Can't believe I open a thread on football. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                    Hey, when you need some help with your fondues or needlepoint, be sure and give us a shout! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      Hey now. :twisted: :twisted:

Okay I really have no defense here but someone has to show some national indignation.

I'm indignant too. Troy Smith doesn't have a criminal record so nix to Canadian Football. How's that Mo?

cman

Comment

Great cman.

I have no clue what you are referring to but hey rock on!

Yeah while the pie is baking, the fon is dueing and the needles are pointing I stalk the SQUACK. :roll:
                        The Kanadian Football League was getting a reputation as a halfway house for unwanted 'merican players with criminal records such as Lawrence Phillips and guys serving drug suspensions like Ricky Williams.

What kinda pie is baking...I'm hungry. :P

cman

Comment

some of us thought Ricky Williams was a good ball player and a really good team player with a big good heart... if he could have shook off the weed he would have been the best....

It is interesting that in the weeks approaching the big game many of the analysts wisely started to move toward the Gators in their predictions but no one could have forseen that kind of blow out... no doubt who is number one now... I dont think USC could have handled them, LSU would have had a shot.

Boise State was the real big surprize... to beat a 10and2 OU is just amazing.
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

The Big 12 in 2006 is a fraud. The whole justification for their legitimacy this year is based on Ohio State's defeat of a defending national champion which had lost its best player. Outside of the September Texas win down in Austin, what's the most impressive non-conference win for the entire Big 12 in 2006. Please don't say "Notre Dame".
                            I agree with your basic point, although the folks down in Texas and Oklahoma will be quick to point out that the Big 12 Conference is not your target, it is the Big10 (11).

Comment

Originally posted by cullman
                              Great cman.

I have no clue what you are referring to but hey rock on!

Yeah while the pie is baking, the fon is dueing and the needles are pointing I stalk the SQUACK. :roll:
                              The Kanadian Football League was getting a reputation as a halfway house for unwanted 'merican players with criminal records such as Lawrence Phillips and guys serving drug suspensions like Ricky Williams.

What kinda pie is baking...I'm hungry. :P

cman
                              So why on earth was this post deleted?

Was I being sexist? :lol: :lol: Oh I see tafnut's intial post is still up.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ
                                The Big 12 in 2006 is a fraud. The whole justification for their legitimacy this year is based on Ohio State's defeat of a defending national champion which had lost its best player. Outside of the September Texas win down in Austin, what's the most impressive non-conference win for the entire Big 12 in 2006. Please don't say "Notre Dame".
                                I agree with your basic point, although the folks down in Texas and Oklahoma will be quick to point out that the Big 12 Conference is not your target, it is the Big10 (11).
                                I'm glad you cleared that up because there was about to be some blood shed.
                                If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
                                X