Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    ... I just scanned through 129 pages.....
    you need to change your settings; I have this in a relatively compact 49pp.

    Comment


    • Meanwhile, in Phoenix, they're having a heat wave, even by Phoenix standards.

      Phoenix is in its 15th consecutive day of above 90-degree low temperatures, as the low Thursday morning was 91 degrees, making 2020 tied in first place for the highest number of above-90 degree lows in a calendar year, according to a tweet by the National Weather Service.

      Friday is expected to break that record.
      😰

      https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ea/5544421002/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
        Meanwhile, in Phoenix, they're having a heat wave, even by Phoenix standards.
        Thursday broke the daily record at 116 degrees Fahrenheit around 2:30 p.m., exceeding the 115 degree record that was set in 1934, according to a Tweet by the weather service.
        At 4 p.m., temperatures reached 118 degrees, creating a new daily record
        OK, I'm not complaining about my Florida heat again! It hardly ever reaches 100 here, mostly because it's a peninsula with ocean breezes.


        Comment


        • Atticus, which side of Florida do enjoy 99 degree weather?? Tonight you get to enjoy some of those Florida ocean breezes called CAT 1 Isaiah. We have left the east coast for our own Windy City breeze which is safer?

          Comment


          • Isais passes Irene as earliest I-name storm by 7 days.

            https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurri...n=pushly_trial

            Comment


            • Originally posted by midwestfan View Post
              Atticus, which side of Florida do enjoy 99 degree weather?? Tonight you get to enjoy some of those Florida ocean breezes called CAT 1 Isaiah. We have left the east coast for our own Windy City breeze which is safer?
              I see the Advisories, but local weather guy says we won't have even gale winds here (Jax). We take this stuff seriously, but have never had to evacuate. We've now either removed or had blown down any tree that could hurt our house. Fingers crossed.

              Comment


              • meanwhile, in Europe on Friday.....

                Paris tops 100 F as London breaks all-time record high


                https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...n=pushly_trial

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gh View Post
                  meanwhile, in Europe on Friday.....

                  Paris tops 100 F as London breaks all-time record high


                  https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...n=pushly_trial
                  Friday was the third time on record that the UK had a temperature of 100F or more. The 2 previous occasions were in 2003 and 2019.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Indeed. Weather is irrelevant; it's climate we're talking about in the GW debate. And in that debate, we have been constantly getting updated numbers that prove the earth is heating up at an 'unnatural' pace, Ascribe that to whatever you wish.
                    The 'globe' is 'warming', and as you also well know, we have been polluting it at an alarming rate.
                    Most climate scientists (I believe the number was over 90%) see cause-and-effect.
                    You may believe differently. If GW-believers are wrong, at least we've helped clean up the plant at the expense of an unregulated economy. If the man-made-GW-deniers are wrong, they've devastated our great-grand-children's future. [IMO]
                    its heating up at an unnatural pace right now.. just like it has done a thousand times before. If I'm wrong the GW believers will continue to pollute and blame their polluting on others while continuing to profit from
                    greater development levels. And if I'm right, the GW believers will do exactly the same.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gh View Post
                      meanwhile, in Europe on Friday.....

                      Paris tops 100 F as London breaks all-time record high


                      https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...n=pushly_trial
                      "I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles" - Cole Porter

                      Comment


                      • 5 hurricane myths debunked

                        https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...ebunked/432978

                        Comment


                        • About an hour before the eye of Irma passed over us at 2am, my kids and I went outside for a few minutes just to see what it was like. When Irma passed over with 120mph winds it was noisy as hell and pretty scary not knowing if everything would hold together but somehow we never even lost power.

                          My conclusion is now that a slow inching out into a hurricane just before it hits will help keep your power on.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gh View Post
                            1. We never do anything to the windows.
                            2. Ha! Never did that.
                            3. Never let your meds go low ANY time!
                            4. That's just stupid.
                            5. That's not how it works. We've never evaced, but if you do wait till late, the roads are OK, because the people who do evac go early, and lots won't ever go. We contemplated this with Matthew a couple of years ago, but just went to my son's house at the last minute and the roads were clear.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gh View Post
                              The don't-open-your-windows crowd seems to be a wide majority, but MythBusters dissents:

                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYsKYacvo_I
                              Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                                About an hour before the eye of Irma passed over us at 2am, my kids and I went outside for a few minutes just to see what it was like. When Irma passed over with 120mph winds it was noisy as hell and pretty scary not knowing if everything would hold together but somehow we never even lost power.

                                My conclusion is now that a slow inching out into a hurricane just before it hits will help keep your power on.
                                I was also in it's eye....in a Hotel suite with heavy glass. We lost Xty for 8 days. I guess it depends on where the eye is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X