Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh
    And too much of it is slipping over the line of "fair usage"; please cease and desist.
    gh has spoken! enough said.

Comment

• conclusion summary article.
      http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVF...s_climate.html
      end - that's it. ok gh?

Comment

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17042993/

More Oswego. They have to put snow at the dump-they figure it will get to 75 feet high and that it will not melt until August.

Comment

• It's sunny and warm out here on the west coast of Canada. I'm still waiting for the earthquake to hit.

cman

Comment

• Originally posted by cullman
            It's sunny and warm out here on the west coast of Canada. I'm still waiting for the earthquake to hit.

cman
            We stole your weather in November and December. Now it's our turn to suffer. 49 days til April.
            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

• Al Gore's experience
              Reporter, politician.
              Degree. BA, some law, religious studies.

Grades Science.
              NATURAL SCIENCES 6 (MAN'S PLACE IN NATURE): D
              NATURAL SCIENCES 118: C+

at Harvard University, Al Gore's "grades were mostly Cs, with not a single A to lighten the darkness. The best he could manage in a course called Man's place in nature was a D." And Bush? "Derided by Gore and many others as a blockhead," they write, Bush in fact boasted "a better academic record" as a history major at Yale. Gory stuff.

note: no minor degrees in sciences, environmental studies, sciences, climatology etc. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by figo
                Al Gore'sGrades Science.
                NATURAL SCIENCES 6 (MAN'S PLACE IN NATURE): D
                NATURAL SCIENCES 118: C+.
                Which only proves that you don't have to be really smart to see which way the wind's blowing. It's blowing towards us and it's hot. No rocket science degree or brain surgury credentials necessary there!

Comment

• if you can't figure out an introductory course in a soft science,
                  you're likely very challenged to decipher with any accuracy the quality of "scientific" advisory advice.
                  gore is more qualified to read tarot cards that to have any say what so ever in
                  a scientific argument of any kind, let alone become a self appointed leader, mentor.....

Well I don’t know why I post here tonite.
                  I’ve got the feeling that something ain’t right.
                  I’m so scared in case I fall off my chair,
                  and I’m wondering how I’ll get down the stairs.

Clowns to the left of me! (gore)
                  Jokers to the right! (bush)
                  Here I am stuck in the middle with you (tafnut).

Trying to make some sense of it all
                  but I can see that it makes no sense at all.
                  Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
                  I don’t think that I can take anymore.

Yes I’m stuck in the middle with you,
                  and I’m wondering what it is I should do.
                  It’s so hard to keep this smile from my face.
                  Losing control yeah I'm all over the place.

Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I am stuck in the middle with you...........

Comment

• Some clown around here seems to think that Gore is passing himself off as a scientist. That is a joke . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy
                      Some clown around here seems to think that Gore is passing himself off as a scientist. That is a joke . . .
                      hammy, thank you for the thought provoking comment, well said.
                      maybe i should rewrite "my" song above, stuck in the middle with me.

Comment

• Gore is merely a high profile messenger. I didn't write any literary classics, but I sho can teach 'em!!

Comment

• I just looked for some reference to Gore's college grades that would support the statements made about them by figo. All I could find was the same information repeated over and over in blogs and other web sites with a clear conservative bias.

It may all be true, but I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman
                            I just looked for some reference to Gore's college grades that would support the statements made about them by figo. All I could find was the same information repeated over and over in blogs and other web sites with a clear conservative bias.

It may all be true, but I'm skeptical.
                            I’ve heard similar things and am not that skeptical. It plays in with my general jaded feeling that the best and brightest generally don’t become politicians. But as tafnut pointed out, it is a moot point here.

Gore is certainly qualified to be a high-profile messenger passing along the wisdom of a huge number of scientists who are much more qualified to interpret data as it relates to global climate change and our contributions to it than are Gore, figo, me or most of the folks here.

Comment

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...7397-2000Mar18

gore in the washington post.. high iq, terrible science marks, tendency to perhaps excellence in the arts......

Gore has never released his transcripts, which were obtained independently by The Washington Post. Parts of them have been cited as well by Bill Turque, a Newsweek writer who has written a biography of Gore titled "Inventing Al Gore." The vice president chose not to comment on his grades and test scores...

When John C. Davis, a retired teacher and assistant headmaster at St. Albans, was recently shown his illustrious former pupil's college board achievement test scores, he inspected them closely with a magnifier and shook his head, chuckling quietly at the science results.

"Four eighty-eight! Terrible" Davis declared upon inspecting the future vice president's 488 score (out of a possible 800) in physics.

"Hmmmm. Chemistry. Five-nineteen. He didn't do too well in chemistry."

As Davis moved down the page, his magnifier settled on Gore's more promising achievement scores in other scholastic realms.

"English. Seven oh-five. Right at the top!"

"U.S. History. Seven oh-one. Not so bad."

Then he came to Gore's results in IQ tests taken in 1961 and 1964, at the beginning of his freshman and senior years. "One thirty-three and 134. Absolutely superb. That means tremendous ability."

Comment

• Originally posted by figo
                                "Four eighty-eight! Terrible" Davis declared upon inspecting the future vice president's 488 score (out of a possible 800) in physics.

"Hmmmm. Chemistry. Five-nineteen. He didn't do too well in chemistry."

"English. Seven oh-five. Right at the top!"

"U.S. History. Seven oh-one. Not so bad."

Then he came to Gore's results in IQ tests taken in 1961 and 1964, at the beginning of his freshman and senior years. "One thirty-three and 134. Absolutely superb. That means tremendous ability."
                                And, of course, NONE of that means squat in THIS context.

Comment

Working...
                                X