Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i stopped by the local for a few cold ones.
    spotted a phd particle physicist who hangs about.
    great, i get to be educated about cyclotrons, discuss the cause of inertia, what happens if you bash this into that, etc.
    well someone pops up and talks global warming.
    of course, i pop up and say, you know the max plank institute says this, co2 according to this other institute does that.....

is short order a normally coherent conversation resembles a debate among people with religious fervor....
    logic goes out the window, hey how about those rain forests? you want those cut down?
    it comes down to having the top guys knowing how we know things. what is good data, what is not. no spins, balls.
    unfortunately once we get emotional, we spin things in our head.
    such is life as we know it.

Comment

• er cyclotrons-above, how do you edit? after the button goes away?
      buttons came back, fixed it.

Comment

• I've never seen the edit button go away. I recently edited something I thnk I did more than a year ago. The thread was active again, I noticed a typo, opened it with the edit button, and fixed it.

Comment

• Only there if you are logged in.

Comment

• True, but he had to have been logged in when he made both of those postings. Now that I look again, I see there was a two-hour gap between the two postings. Perhaps he saw the first while not logged in, then logged in to make the second, not realizing that by logging in, he got himself access to the edit button for the first, thus obviating the second.

Ironically, edited to fix typo.

Comment

• thanks all for looking into the edit thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman
                True, but he had to have been logged in when he made both of those postings. Now that I look again, I see there was a two-hour gap between the two postings. Perhaps he saw the first while not logged in, then logged in to make the second, not realizing that by logging in, he got himself access to the edit button for the first, thus obviating the second.

Ironically, edited to fix typo.
                Who knows. All I know is that you have to be logged in to see the edit function.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJD
                  All I know is that you have to be logged in to see the edit function.
                  Well, yes. It has to be that way or else anyone could edit anything regardless of authorship. The edit button appears only on things the logged-in user has created.

Comment

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...301305_pf.html

The Tempest

By Joel Achenbach
                    Sunday, May 28, 2006; W08

right now they are paying people to find facts that support gwarming while
                    firing guys, cutting funding that have contrary findings.

its a kangaroo court, a crazed mob, witch hunt,etc.etc.

Comment

• http://www.russiablog.org/2007/03/ru...oints_to_g.php

Russian Astronomer Cites Global Warming On Mars, Doubts Man-Made Climate Change on Earth

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

of course, the above conclusions are not well received... better cancel the research budgets of the above aholes...., maybe consider shutting down national geographic for being anti-semetic, as denying global warming = denying the holocaust... =..

and doubly of course is that the al gore think tank will say that man made global warming is so profound that the whole solar system is warming up, infact, causing the sun to overheat as well... god, pluto may heat up from -278 to -277, screwing up that planet totally.

Comment

• Geeezzzz. This thread is harder to kill than kudzu.
                        I check in about once a month and am pleased to note that figo is still a voice of reason fighting the good fight for those of us who refuse to be panicked by pop-pseudo science which ignores five billion years of repetitive reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf
                          Geeezzzz. This thread is harder to kill than kudzu.
                          I check in about once a month and am pleased to note that figo is still a voice of reason fighting the good fight for those of us who refuse to be panicked by pop-pseudo science which ignores five billion years of repetitive reality.
                          Dont forget Squackee as a voice of reason. The good news from the "world is ending" crowd is that they're so hysterical that the world will be pretty much F#$%$ in 20 years. I intended to be around then and when the doomers all have a cream pie thrown in their face i might just emit a razzberry in their general direction. Or theyre right and im gonna drown from the death of a million icebergs.

Please note that im fully aware that in 20 years there will be another and more popular end of the world farce.

They have some what successfully advanced the idea that if you dont agree with the doomers your a Nazi. Thats pretty impressive.

I did see the doomers Christ at an award show recently. I was a little disappointed he didnt levitate, although i did hear later he did with the aid of a private machine spewing a toxic gas and rising to the heavens.
                          phsstt!

Comment

• Sorry, Squak. I did not mean to denigrate anyone's contribution to the defense of reason in this brew-ha-ha... I know there are others here who share my opinion that we are not facing an immediate climatic apocalypse and that man is not responsible for the natural thermal fluctuations of the earth. I am just impressed with the quantity and quality of figo's arguments in doing the heavy lifting in documenting my conclusions..

Comment

• No worries lonewolf. I appreciate figo's data as well. The Gore's movie im sure is very convincing but its not fact its propaganda just as a movie promoting the idea that man has no effect on the temp. of earth with dozens of "experts" would also be propaganda.

Im going to Home Depot today and im gonna buy a earth friendly lite bulb. While im there im gonna get some lumber and build a soap box to stand on. :P
                              phsstt!

Comment

• I think this sums up the discussion nicely:

Comment

Working...
                                X