Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already a white Christmas here near Eugene OR, with the real snow storm beginning later today and supposedly lasting for 36 hours. Prior to a Feb. 2018 storm we were told to expect up to 4" of snow in Eugene; here about 400ft higher than Eugene we got 4' drifts in our yard. Power was out for four days, and there was no real way to get off the property and down the hill for five days (roads had to be plowed, which took four days, then another day to get from our garage to the street).

They're forecasting up to 8" of snow in today's storm, the most snow that's been foretasted to fall in a storm since we moved here in 2015. That 2018 snow storm left us with a decent post-storm action item task list, almost all of which has been completed, so we'll see how it goes the next few days.

Comment

• 80+ here today. No complaints.

Comment

• 80 F in OKC today..supposed to be warmer tomorrow.

Comment

• It's going to be shorts and tee shirt weather for the next 7 days in Baton Rouge.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Balmy 16F in central Wisconsin right now.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              It's going to be shorts and tee shirt weather for the next 7 days in Baton Rouge.
              Here in Reno, we’ve had snow, and the high for the day will be about 32F, with wind— but I still see people ( mostly men) walking around in shorts and T shirts!

Comment

• Went to Breakfast (in Florida) with the boys and the place was so packed we decamped outside in 60's. Felt O.K.

Comment

• The temperature at sunrise in Baton Rouge this morning was 74 with 93% humidity.

Comment

• At the beach yesterday, we all enjoyed bright sunshine in the 80s.

Comment

• While the Colorado mountains are finally getting snow (5+ feet at Wolf Creek Pass in the last week), here in the Springs we have yet to have any measurable snowfall this season. There's 1" in the forecast for Friday night/Saturday morning. Prior to this year our record for the latest first snowfall was December 1st.

Comment

• This week I've been spraying myself with Off whenever I've been outside for more than a few minutes.

Comment

• Bellingham WA is having its worst show & ice conditions in 16 years.
                          (I moved here in 2003, and Nov/Dec 2005 was really bad!!)
                          Snow began either on Christmas day or the 26th.
                          Then more snow hit.
                          People can't get to work.
                          Haggen's--a supermarket chain--had to send people to bring others into work!!)
                          I haven't seen my caregiver since last Friday!

It's really beautiful--Hallmark Channel Christmas movie beautiful---but it's very unusual for here!
                          Snow is normally gone in 24 hours!!

Comment

• Definitely a white Christmas here in Eugene. Snow started Christmas Eve and was heaviest Christmas day, and it's still snowing - a total of about a foot where we live since it started on Friday.

This storm is much less of a problem than the 2019 storm - there is not nearly as much snow this time (less than half) and the 2019 storm dumped its load essentially overnight whereas this one is over six days. So far power's been fine but our microwave-based ISP has urped a couple of times. (OSHA-types delayed work on the ISP problem for a day because the weather made it too dangerous to climb the 90-meter tower needed to fix the problem.) The road on the hill to our place was plowed yesterday but ice is the issue so we're fine staying home.

Our driveway and backyard:

snow days - the driveway.jpg

snow days - time for a picnic.jpg

Comment

• 80 mph wind gusts and grass fires around Boulder.
                              https://www.9news.com/article/weathe...3-8a82baca0a58

Comment

• My son just checked in from Boulder, now 100 mph gusts.

Edit: 110 mph gust reported.
                                Last edited by DrJay; 12-30-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X