Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Edit: 110 mph gust reported.
    That's no joke. How's your son?

Comment

• He's good. Working his retail shift at the Black Diamond store on Pearl St. He said half the stores on Pearl St (the center of night life, shops, buskers etc) have closed today. No fire danger there nor, do I think, at his townhouse complex. Marshall fire SE of town already at 1200 acres.

Comment

• OK, just watching local news. 370 homes and businesses confirmed burned and a suspected 200 more burned and the winds are still whipping. This is really a disaster and it is ongoing

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
          OK, just watching local news. 370 homes and businesses confirmed burned and a suspected 200 more burned and the winds are still whipping. This is really a disaster and it is ongoing
          From a tweet I got apparently Jenny Simpson and her husband and their child just got out of the house in time. She said she didn't even have time to go back and get her phone. Sounded close by her description.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            From a tweet I got apparently Jenny Simpson and her husband and their child just got out of the house in time. She said she didn't even have time to go back and get her phone. Sounded close by her description.
            Here's another tweet from her about it -- https://twitter.com/trackjenny/statu...22484959395845

Comment

• More from Jenny Simpson on the status of her house - https://twitter.com/trackjenny/statu...46216500338690

Comment

• Highest recorded New Year's Eve temperature in the UK - 15.8C/60.4F.

Comment

• It was 85 in Baton Rouge today. I've run the A/C more than the heater this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    It was 85 in Baton Rouge today. I've run the A/C more than the heater this month.
                    Same here in Tampa Bay. Supposed to "cool" to the 70's maybe on Sunday.

Comment

• After yesterday’s fires, Boulder is now supposed to get 10 inches of snow tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                        Highest recorded New Year's Eve temperature in the UK - 15.8C/60.4F.
                        And in mid-July it gets all the way up to 20 C/70 F on some of the warm days

Comment

• Always a good sign when we can get through December in Northern NJ with no snow accumulation yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

And in mid-July it gets all the way up to 20 C/70 F on some of the warm days
                            Yes, sometimes you can only tell the seasons here by the leaves and when it gets dark!

Comment

• My daughter and family flirted with disaster these last few days in Louisville. Like thousands of others they fled the area. Total devastation struck the area within 2 miles of her home. The good news is her immediate neighborhood escaped damage and they are back home, but no electricity and heat as of last evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                                Yes, sometimes you can only tell the seasons here by the leaves and when it gets dark!
                                We walked the mean streets of Daytona Beach yesterday, HOT and sunny on the boardwalk (which is actually bricked). Woulda thot it was June.

Comment

Working...
                                X