Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Acting Funny in Your Neighbourhood?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    See Wind River! Great movie and will definitely cool you off (Wyoming winter).
    Yes. Best American movie I've seen in quite a while. I'd be interested in Lonewolf's assessment. Supposed to be Wyoming but filmed in my old stomping grounds: Utah.

Comment

Weather models point it anywhere from Yucatan to Connecticut!
      Still closer to you than to me.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-days-ahead/
      Last edited by jeremyp; 09-02-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

See Wind River! Great movie and will definitely cool you off (Wyoming winter).
        availability circumstances dictated that we see The Hitman's Bodyguard, and it was a howl a minute. Highly recommended if you like tongue-in-cheek action films, especially one that totals a record number of BMW's.

as for using the theater to escape the heat..... the AC went belly up about a third of the way through the movie!
        Last edited by gh; 09-03-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          availability circumstances dictated that we see The Assassin's Bodyguard, and it was a howl a minute.
          Not a bad choice. The first hour dragged, but then things ramped up very nicely!

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
          Still closer to you than to me.
          The computer models are still all over the place.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-ap...503.png&w=1484
          Last edited by Atticus; 09-03-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Not a bad choice. The first hour dragged, but then things ramped up very nicely!

The computer models are still all over the place.
            And I am sure everybody wants it to not hit the East coast of the country. Another major hurricane would be beyond tragic.

Comment

• Relatively minor and only lasted 10 minutes, but this micro-burst in Santa Barbara is unheard of in living memory... and on a big tourist weekend LOL:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OObdnYqSFh0

Comment

• Hurricane Irma stage 5 now on a heading towards us. We have a Motel room booked and hope the house survives the storm. We survived Wilma in 2005 and that was very strong. Still 4 to 5 days for it to move East or West.

Comment

• What is the construction of the motel that makes it less vulnerable?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    Hurricane Irma stage 5 now on a heading towards us. We have a Motel room booked and hope the house survives the storm. We survived Wilma in 2005 and that was very strong. Still 4 to 5 days for it to move East or West.
                    Good luck! I'm glad to see that it's not heading for the Northeast. But I take no pleasure at all from the fact that it may hit somebody else. We all hope it stays out in the Atlantic, East of any inhabited place, but right now that sounds like wishful thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                      Hurricane Irma stage 5 now on a heading towards us.
                      The apprehension of not knowing its destination is ramping up to near-hysteria here. After seeing Houston on TV, our imaginations are in over-drive.

Comment

The apprehension of not knowing its destination is ramping up to near-hysteria here. After seeing Houston on TV, our imaginations are in over-drive.
                        Build your ark just in case.

Comment

• If one of those microbursts as in jc203's posts hits when you are landing in an airplane, you can enjoy a swell eternity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            Build your ark just in case.
                            My 'panic' will emerge if it goes up the west coast of Florida, trapping me and mine where we are. Irma is wide enough to envelope the peninsula and block our evac routes. Roads north will become grid-locked.

Comment

• Dr. Stephen Walt‏ Verified account @stephenWalt Sep 2

Visiting my dad in Bay Area home I grew up in. It was 110 degrees @ 5 pm. Never before in my lifetime. & some ignoramus left Paris Accord.
                              "San Franciski? So how did you come did you drove or did you flew" SCTV humor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oo5tabiPMY
                              Last edited by Adam$; 09-05-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                                What is the construction of the motel that makes it less vulnerable?
                                1. no flooding. 2. roof likely to stay on. 3. Wife feels safer.

Comment

Working...
                                X