Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This "exchange of views" clearly isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      Originally posted by Mennisco
      Originally posted by George P.
      Originally posted by cladthin
      I'd say he has firmly established himself as a football player, at this point, ...
      As a HS senior, Ginn ran 13.40 (13.26w) and had 3 of the top 9 legal hurdle marks that year (Jason Richardson and Kevin Craddock were also competing in 2004). I put Ginn in the category of "talented track athlete" which seems correct to me, notwithstanding his football exploits.
      I don't care whether he can play the ukulele, raise ducks and make foie gras, or paint a cubist masterpiece, he's definitely talented on the track.
      What if he could paint a duck playing a song on the ukulele called " Liver blues"
      What a waste of talent! LOL [where's the software to insert audible giggles, let's not]
      Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Concerns about Teddy Ginn being able to stand up to the rigors of the NFL existed long before his injury in the BCS championship game. Some draft gurus have him as the second best receiver in the draft behind Calvin Johnson in a draft fairly deep in WR's. He's compared by some to Joey Galloway...a guy who uses his speed, likes to play in space but when he gets the ball is deadly to the opposition. Most people who know about Teddy Ginn, other than we wackos on this board, don't look at him as a track guy.

Comment

I saw Ginn in both sports in HS. While he was very good in track, there was no doubt that it was his second-best sport. Recall that his only entry in T&FN's HS AOY rankings was #10 in his senior year, and it didn't seem odd at the time. He was named the national defensive player of the year the preceding fall, and no one thought that odd either. If he had to pick just one sport in college (and wea ll wish he hadn't), he picked the right one.

Comment

Ginn probably wishes he'd stayed for his last year.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 712280358/
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              Ginn probably wishes he'd stayed for his last year.
              Even given how bad the 'Fins are and how the year didn't go well for him personally, think of it as a 'Growth Experience' with lots of $$$ in the bank to console him. He did the right thing at the time.

Comment

If the kid handles his money wisely he is fixed for life financially. Not much to regret about that decision in my cynical view!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                  If the kid handles his money wisely he is fixed for life financially. Not much to regret about that decision in my cynical view!

Unless you actually care about WINNING, which I guarantee you he does. The only hope is Parcells can right that ship.

Comment

Unless you actually care about WINNING, which I guarantee you he does. The only hope is Parcells can right that ship.
                    Only 1 team out of 32 WINS; so there's over 2000 guys 'unhappy' every year. They learn to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                      Only 1 team out of 32 WINS; so there's over 2000 guys 'unhappy' every year. They learn to deal with it.
                      Umm, yeah, but most teams win more than once a year :roll:

Comment

Working...
                      X