[this thread a spinoff from the '06 thread, which is now here:

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=17145

respectfully, your helpful mods]

Originally posted by tandfman
    Thread subject is now (again) accurate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/12/arts/ ... ref=slogin
    I just bought the extra large box of Depends for the new season. :shock:

Comment

and it's a darned good thing I did. When he chewed through the guy's jugular, I 'bout lost it! :shock:

Comment

It didn't really grab me. I suppose I'll sit through tomorrow's double header, but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with this season.

Comment

It didn't really grab me. I suppose I'll sit through tomorrow's double header, but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with this season.
          I USED to respect you, tafman, but that kind of fickleness is just BEYOND the pale . . . :evil:

Jack is the second incarnation of Chuck Norris and you KNOW how tough he was!! 8)

Comment

Chuck who?

Comment

Most boring two hours of 24 ever. An hour in and Jack's body count is only one?!

Nice to see Dr. Julian Bashir again--good actor.

Comment

I found some of the plot elements absurdly implausable--even by 24's standards! I also disliked some of the new characters. The President isn't nearly as good as his brother was. The obligatory asshole in the White House didn't do much for me, nor did the new woman manager at the CTU. And has Chloe put on weight?

Comment

I found some of the plot elements absurdly implausable--even by 24's standards! I also disliked some of the new characters. The President isn't nearly as good as his brother was. The obligatory asshole in the White House didn't do much for me, nor did the new woman manager at the CTU. And has Chloe put on weight?
                  Chloe has LOST a ton of weight, methinks.

New woman manager will prove to be essential, because she speaks Arabic (convenient plot device).

Yes, yet another Nixonian caricature is getting tiresome.

Wayne Palmer will be forever locked in my mind beside Buffy slaying vampires in Sunnydale.

Comment

I found some of the plot elements absurdly implausable--even by 24's standards!
                    yeah - the wife and I were complaining about that as well. There's NO WAY they're going to destroy a house in LA with an air attack without ANY ground recon whatsoever. Plus how did Jack get there in less than 5 minutes AND have plenty of time to talk to the terrorists? And why ON EARTH would they have negotiated with a known terrorist in the first place AND TRUSTED HIM to keep his part of the deal? Plus, Wayne Palmer ain't got no gravitas.

But even so . . . it's more INTENSE than any other show on TV and I'm addicted. if ripping out another guy's jugular with your teeth is 'boring' than I don't know what will get your juices flowing!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                      yeah - the wife and I were complaining about that as well. There's NO WAY they're going to destroy a house in LA with an air attack without ANY ground recon whatsoever. Plus how did Jack get there in less than 5 minutes AND have plenty of time to talk to the terrorists? And why ON EARTH would they have negotiated with a known terrorist in the first place AND TRUSTED HIM to keep his part of the deal? Plus, Wayne Palmer ain't got no gravitas.
                      Exactly.

Plus, doesn't the President's sister get a Secret Service detail?

Plus, how did Jack get cleaned up so quickly after his escape from the bad guy ? (And I never quite understood why the bad guy abandoned his search for so quickly--could anything have been more important than finding the man who knew too much?)

The thing about blowing up the house that defied belief was not that they didn't do any ground recon. If they were in such a big hurry, I could see that. But why were they in such a big hurry? Wouldn't they have preferred to try to take him alive? (I dunno. If we knew that Osama BL was at a house in LA at a given moment, would we take it out asap or send in a few SWAT teams and try to grab him? I've no idea. Not my job to worry about such things.)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        I asked Mrs. tandfman what she thinks, and she thinks Chloe might have lost a few pounds. I dunno. I thought her face was a bit puffier than before.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          I asked Mrs. tandfman what she thinks, and she thinks Chloe might have lost a few pounds. I dunno. I thought her face was a bit puffier than before.
                          They certainly tried to glam her up. She has gone from mousy kvetch to 'hottie' (admittedly her boyfriend's words - and BTW, I don't trust him AT ALL!!) in one season.

Comment

...(admittedly her boyfriend's words - and BTW, I don't trust him AT ALL!!) in one season.
                            If you were a La Femme Nikita watcher at all (an earlier Joel Surnow production) you'd recognize Carlo Rota and not be all surprised by what lurks beneath!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              ...(admittedly her boyfriend's words - and BTW, I don't trust him AT ALL!!) in one season.
                              If you were a La Femme Nikita watcher at all (an earlier Joel Surnow production) you'd recognize Carlo Rota and not be all surprised by what lurks beneath!
                              Yes, I was addicted to that show too (extremely similar premise and execution (Michael's ruthlessness always bothers Nikita)) and Rota was a great character. Are you saying what I think you're saying??!! :shock: It would make a great plot-twist later on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X