Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Out, Canada . . .

First we suck in your schools, next thing you know we suck out the oil . . .

On the front page: http://www.gateway.ualberta.ca/view.php?aid=7342

http://www.sfu.ca/mediapr/sfnews/1997/Nov13/ncaa.html

Comment

Next thing you know you will have our star girl runners doing 100 miles a week. :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
        Next thing you know you will have our star girl runners doing 100 miles a week. :twisted: :twisted:
        I think you mean kilometers :P
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Originally posted by mojo
          I think you mean kilometers :P
          Oh I am pretty sure it would be miles. :x

Comment

“I would characterize this latest step as the first of many in the process to open the door for international membership,” NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn said, adding that “the interest is definitely there” to see a Canadian school in the NCAA by the end of the ten-year program, or sooner.
            There goes the neighborhood!

Comment

Will they change the organization's name to the ICAA?

Comment

This threat looks a bit more serious.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/ ... etter.html

Comment

I'm dense - what is the link?

Comment

Threats to Canada. Just looking for an excuse to post that and the FLQ has never been mentioned on this board(probably one of the few things that hasn't). If you llived through the early seventies up here during that, you would have the same reaction to those initials. It led to the War Measures Act and all the debates about the suspension of habeas corpus you have had since 9-11.

Comment

"The Front de libération du Québec (Quebec Liberation Front) was a pro-sovereignty militant group that carried out a campaign of bombings in the 1960s and sparked the 1970 October Crisis when a British diplomat was kidnapped and then Quebec's labour minister, Pierre Laporte, was kidnapped and later killed."

Our then Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, who Marlon Brando called 'the most intimidating man I ever met", made his famous quote, "Just watch me" when challenged by a reporter as to whether he would invoke the War Measures Act.

don't feel so bad, hammy, on Jeopardy the other night a contestant was challenged to identify which Canadian province attempted to secede via referendum, and his answer was "Montreal?" arggghhhh!!!?$#@! :wink:
                      Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                        Our then Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, who Marlon Brando called 'the most intimidating man I ever met", made his famous quote, "Just watch me" when challenged by a reporter as to whether he would invoke the War Measures Act.
                        That was on the board but must have been in a now deceased thread. Anyone a wee bit concerned about the Homeland Security Act should read this interview with Canada's most famous Liberal:

"Yes, I think the society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power in this country and I think that goes to any distance. So long as there is a power in here which is challenging the elected representative of the people I think that power must be stopped and I think it's only, I repeat, weak-kneed bleeding hearts who are afraid to take these measures."

http://www2.marianopolis.edu/quebechist ... atchme.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                          weak-kneed bleeding hearts who are afraid to take these measures."
                          hence the bumper sticker?

Nuke Quebec

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                            Originally posted by MJD
                            weak-kneed bleeding hearts who are afraid to take these measures."
                            hence the bumper sticker?

Nuke Quebec

There goes Florida's tourism.
                            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                              There goes Florida's tourism.
                              Don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

Working...
                              X