Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo
    Now if you could just remember if it is Vancouver or Victoria that is on an island.
    Youse guys were the ones that put Victoria on Vancouver Island. So who's confused??

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      Now if you could just remember if it is Vancouver or Victoria that is on an island.
      Youse guys were the ones that put Victoria on Vancouver Island. So who's confused??
      Bingo!
      Who knows? Who cares? Irrelevant . . . Pointless . . . Immaterial . . . Once you cross the 49th Parallel heading north, it's all frozen tundra, populated by Eskimos, pardon me, Inuits, who live in igloos and travel by dog-sled, eat whale blubber and have 47 terms for snow, because that's pretty much the only weather they get up there. Am I right? Yes. I read somwhere that the country can't decide if it's English or French, but hungrily wishes the USA would just annex it as the 51st state, so it's so-called 'dollar' would actually be worth something. It's primary export is Moosehead Beer and the people talk funny (eh? aboot?), but swear they don't. Have I missed anything? Oh yeah. Their Olympic Committee has policies designed to keep their track, sorry - I mean 'athletics' - athletes from actually being able to compete in the Olympics. There - that's it in a nutshell, I believe. :twisted:

Comment

Re: Chinese Water

Originally posted by Quick Silver
        For those planning on Beijing '08, let me suggest that you don't drink bottled water in China either.
        I dunno. I've been to China several times and I've never had a problem. Wouldn't touch the tap water there (nor in Hong Kong, for that matter), but drank bottled water with impunity.

Comment

Where I live right now, tap water may not be poisonous, but it's totally undrinkable. After drinking tea made with tap water once, I vowed to never do it again.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Try to catch the Lewis Black special on HBO for his take on bottled water. (Off the top, I don't recall if its his first or second special.)

Comment

Hey, the solution to the water problems, real or perceived is pretty simple. Drink the damn beer :shock: I realize that would pose a problem for tafnut, but for medicinal purposes it could probably be rationalized.

My daughter and her family are teetotalers (where did we go wrong?) and they don't much like the local water. So they go through an amazing amount of bottled water. Also soft, and energy drinks. The water tastes just fine to me, but I come from hearty peasant stock. The only time I have had water related innards problems. In Puerta Vallerta, I had a Scoth with ice from the hotel machine (I know, I know, ice in whiskey, state of sin, but it was cheap blended plonk), and it bit me for about a week. I could have taken something when I returned home, but I was losing so much weight, I just let it run its course.

Comment

I never drink tap water away from home for reasons mentioned above.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                  Originally posted by bad hammy
                  Bingo!
                  Who knows? Who cares? Irrelevant . . . Pointless . . . Immaterial . . . Once you cross the 49th Parallel heading north, it's all frozen tundra, populated by Eskimos, pardon me, Inuits, who live in igloos and travel by dog-sled, eat whale blubber and have 47 terms for snow, because that's pretty much the only weather they get up there. Am I right? Yes. I read somwhere that the country can't decide if it's English or French, but hungrily wishes the USA would just annex it as the 51st state, so it's so-called 'dollar' would actually be worth something. It's primary export is Moosehead Beer and the people talk funny (eh? aboot?), but swear they don't. Have I missed anything? Oh yeah. Their Olympic Committee has policies designed to keep their track, sorry - I mean 'athletics' - athletes from actually being able to compete in the Olympics. There - that's it in a nutshell, I believe. :twisted:
                  And to think that some would say you haven't an orginal thought in that cute little head of yours. :shock: :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    I make it a point not to drink tap water anywhere other than where I grew up and where I live now. Some biologist once told me that the microscopic flora and fauna in every water system are slightly different. Perfectly good water can give you problems just because it's different from what your body is accustomed to.
                    That's interesting. I've been trying to do the opposite, reasoning that diversification would reduce risk. Not so much across places, but varying brands of bottled water and also mixing in some tap. That way, I figure if any one source has much carcinogens or other bad stuff, I won't get too much of it.

But I worry as much about water containers as about the water itself. I always hear rumors about poison coming from the plastic bottles/jugs. And I find it hard to believe that water doesn't get polluted going through dirty pipes (e.g., in an old apartment building).

Comment

Working...
                    X