Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• length of subscriptions to track and field news magazine

i was wondering if the magazine keeps list of how long people have subscribed to the track and field news magazine, i think i must be around 30 years starting in miami florida, and now in huntington beach, ca. i wonder how many have subscribed for 10 years 20 years, 30 years 40 years, 50 years and especially how many are on their 60th year as subscribers?

I'm at 37 years and counting, but I'm a young pup compared to some around here.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      I'm at 37 years and counting, but I'm a young pup compared to some around here.
      Wait til they put out a compendium of posts from this board. There'll be an entire volume dedicated to you alone!
      Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
        Wait til they put out a compendium of posts from this board. There'll be an entire volume dedicated to you alone!
        There are about 300,000 posts extent on this site now, so 1 out of 16 is mine. :shock: (in the Quality vs. Quantity debate, it's obvious which way I went :roll: ) I figure if they have a 'Best of' compilation with, let's say, 100 posts in it, I should easily be able to get ONE of mine in there. The trouble is that that darned Squackee character will have about half of them, leaving us poor slobs to scramble for the few remaining spots.

Comment

May 1976 for me, with a couple of brief breaks when I did not renew in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
            There are about 300,000 posts extent on this site now, so 1 out of 16 is mine. :shock: (in the Quality vs. Quantity debate, it's obvious which way I went :roll: ) I figure if they have a 'Best of' compilation with, let's say, 100 posts in it, I should easily be able to get ONE of mine in there. The trouble is that that darned Squackee character will have about half of them, leaving us poor slobs to scramble for the few remaining spots.
            Not true at all! ops: Anyway im i the shortest subscriber at 3 months?
            phsstt!

Comment

We had a thread on this exact same subject about a year ago. I am too lazy to pull it up, but I will post again here on this thread that my subscription started in October 1958..... 48+ long years ago. I was 15.

Comment

And I will repeat the original subscription records disappeared (or weren't kept) when I was still in junior high (or maybe even elementary school), so nobody has any idea how many are left from the '40s or '50s.

Comment

I go back to about October 1957, and remember getting a brief letter from one of the Nelsons (Bert or Cordner, I don't remember) thanking me for subscribing.

A few years later I passed up a lifetime subscription offer at $100 - Seemed like a lot of money then.

Comment

There are about 300,000 posts extent on this site now, so 1 out of 16 is mine. :shock:
                    300000/20000=16?? Math not one of the subjects you took at that fancy college of yours??

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                      There are about 300,000 posts extent on this site now, so 1 out of 16 is mine. :shock:
                      300000/20000=16?? Math not one of the subjects you took at that fancy college of yours??
                      He wrote "extent" instead of "extant"? Maybe he didn't take English either.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        Originally posted by bad hammy
                        He wrote "extent" instead of "extant"? Maybe he didn't take English either.
                        No wonder i like him. He sucks at math and english, but the guy can dance.
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          No wonder i like him. He sucks at math and english, but the guy can dance.
                          No I can't . . . ops:
                          I USED to be really good at Math AND English, but the years take their toll . . . The only thing I'm any good at any more is . . . uh . . . um . . . I forget . . .

Comment

Anyway im i the shortest subscriber at 3 months?
                            That depends on how tall you are.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                              Anyway im i the shortest subscriber at 3 months?
                              That depends on how tall you are.
                              Ive only been growing for 90 days. Here's a hint.

Im shorter than an indoor spike.
                              Im shorter than the life expectancy of a six pack in GH's fridge.
                              Im shorter than Nuts succesful highjump last year.
                              Im shorter than Eldys temper with naysayers
                              Im shorter than Texas's list of subject matters
                              And lastly im shorter than Shorter (i think he's 5'10?)
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X