Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Im shorter than the life expectancy of a six pack in GH's fridge.
    Ouch!
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Im shorter than Nuts succesful highjump last year.
    Double ouch!!

Comment

No ouch's meant. I drink more beer than Gh and Nut can out jump me by 2 feet. ops:

Oh and im shorter than Hammy's hammy! :lol:
      phsstt!

Comment

I started March 1978. But I visited the TFN office and picked up 1975-77 plus the Jan/Feb '78s. Do I get credit for 32 years? Thought not, 28 with the current issue at hand.

Comment

July '58 for me. Three months ahead of hjsteve

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
            July '58 for me. Three months ahead of hjsteve
            but note that "oneill" from above slightly beats us both.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              And I will repeat the original subscription records disappeared (or weren't kept) when I was still in junior high (or maybe even elementary school), so nobody has any idea how many are left from the '40s or '50s.
              Would it be feasible to put a little blurb in the mag asking charter subscribers to photocopy their first issue with the mailing label on it, so you could recognize them? I'd bet there's got to be at least a half a dozen left. They'd be in their 80's now.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                Originally posted by gh
                And I will repeat the original subscription records disappeared (or weren't kept) when I was still in junior high (or maybe even elementary school), so nobody has any idea how many are left from the '40s or '50s.
                Would it be feasible to put a little blurb in the mag asking charter subscribers to photocopy their first issue with the mailing label on it, so you could recognize them? I'd bet there's got to be at least a half a dozen left. They'd be in their 80's now.
                I think the early issues were newsletters. I don't know how they were mailed, but if it involved envelopes, no mailing label. Possibly, at first, there were no mailing labels, as such. The addresses may have been handwritten. Cordner?

Comment

First few months were newspaper sized, then they changed to the current size. Those first few years there was no space on the back page for a typed address, so they must have used labels. In about 1955 they carved out a space for a typed address.

Comment

Subscription for me began in 1964. A good friend of mine started in 1948 -right from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Double R Bar
                      Subscription for me began in 1964. A good friend of mine started in 1948 -right from the start.
                      Out him - out him - out him!!! We want names! We're going to start a Charter Subscriber Hall of Fame!

Comment

Yeah, we've had a thread on this, but I'm too lazy to find it. My subscription began with the June 1968 issue.

Comment

I have two subscriptions- one for me and one for the kid.... does that count for anything?

Comment

Working...
                          X