Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMoley
    replied
    I have two subscriptions- one for me and one for the kid.... does that count for anything?

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    Yeah, we've had a thread on this, but I'm too lazy to find it. My subscription began with the June 1968 issue.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    Subscription for me began in 1964. A good friend of mine started in 1948 -right from the start.
    Out him - out him - out him!!! We want names! We're going to start a Charter Subscriber Hall of Fame!

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied
    Subscription for me began in 1964. A good friend of mine started in 1948 -right from the start.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    First few months were newspaper sized, then they changed to the current size. Those first few years there was no space on the back page for a typed address, so they must have used labels. In about 1955 they carved out a space for a typed address.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied
    Originally posted by tafnut
    Originally posted by gh
    And I will repeat the original subscription records disappeared (or weren't kept) when I was still in junior high (or maybe even elementary school), so nobody has any idea how many are left from the '40s or '50s.
    Would it be feasible to put a little blurb in the mag asking charter subscribers to photocopy their first issue with the mailing label on it, so you could recognize them? I'd bet there's got to be at least a half a dozen left. They'd be in their 80's now.
    I think the early issues were newsletters. I don't know how they were mailed, but if it involved envelopes, no mailing label. Possibly, at first, there were no mailing labels, as such. The addresses may have been handwritten. Cordner?

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    And I will repeat the original subscription records disappeared (or weren't kept) when I was still in junior high (or maybe even elementary school), so nobody has any idea how many are left from the '40s or '50s.
    Would it be feasible to put a little blurb in the mag asking charter subscribers to photocopy their first issue with the mailing label on it, so you could recognize them? I'd bet there's got to be at least a half a dozen left. They'd be in their 80's now.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Per Andersen
    July '58 for me. Three months ahead of hjsteve
    but note that "oneill" from above slightly beats us both.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    July '58 for me. Three months ahead of hjsteve

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied
    I started March 1978. But I visited the TFN office and picked up 1975-77 plus the Jan/Feb '78s. Do I get credit for 32 years? Thought not, 28 with the current issue at hand.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    No ouch's meant. I drink more beer than Gh and Nut can out jump me by 2 feet. ops:

Oh and im shorter than Hammy's hammy! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Im shorter than the life expectancy of a six pack in GH's fridge.
    Ouch!
    Im shorter than Nuts succesful highjump last year.
    Double ouch!!

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by MJD
    Anyway im i the shortest subscriber at 3 months?
    That depends on how tall you are.
    Ive only been growing for 90 days. Here's a hint.

Im shorter than an indoor spike.
    Im shorter than the life expectancy of a six pack in GH's fridge.
    Im shorter than Nuts succesful highjump last year.
    Im shorter than Eldys temper with naysayers
    Im shorter than Texas's list of subject matters
    And lastly im shorter than Shorter (i think he's 5'10?)

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Anyway im i the shortest subscriber at 3 months?
    That depends on how tall you are.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    No wonder i like him. He sucks at math and english, but the guy can dance.
    No I can't . . . ops:
    I USED to be really good at Math AND English, but the years take their toll . . . The only thing I'm any good at any more is . . . uh . . . um . . . I forget . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X