Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The movie...300...

..appears to be right down my alley. Now toss in some 6 dollar nachos and 5 bucks worth of buttered popcorn with a 3 dollar coke...hey!!!!!

I'm going to see the Preview Showing tonight - I'll letcha know! It looks 100 times better than the last 'graphic novel' adaptation, Sin City.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      I'm going to see the Preview Showing tonight - I'll letcha know! It looks 100 times better than the last 'graphic novel' adaptation, Sin City.
      How could you be so right about the Illusionist and so wrong about Sin City? I just dont make no sense. :?
      phsstt!

Comment

Keep in mind I'm a Robert E. Howard fan....ok?

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          I just dont make no sense. :?
          TAFNY!

Comment

I just dont make no sense. :?
            TAFNY!
            Dammit! where da hell did that T GO!! ops: :x

You did it teach! With your fancy computer savee.
            phsstt!

Comment

You did it teach! With your fancy computer savee.
              as StinkiHam can attest, I MAY make errors, but I've got the quickest edit finger in the business!!

Comment

From what I've seen, movies that are kind of animated (the people are still kind of real) do not do well at the box office. The weird look of the people, they're not real and they're not cartoon, kind of freaks people out. I saw about 5 minutes of Sin City on cable and I couldn't watch it. The characters were freaking me out. A similar thing happened with Polar Express a couple of years ago.

Some people do enjoy these types of movies, but I'm predicting a lot of hype and a quick death at the box office.

Comment

Saw it (it's not animated in any respect, just edited with sepia filters into a high contrast effect)

300, aka Sin City 480 BC, is an arrested development male adolescent's wet dream (excuse the crassness).

Did the ancient Spartans really go to war dressed in long flowing red capes (seemed a little unwieldy for the battlefield) and leather panties (latent homoeroticism)?

Was Xerxes really a flaming drag queen, complete with eyeshadow, mascara, and pierced everythings?

The extras looked like rejects from the Lord of the Rings editing room floor!

The gratuitous sex and violence was jarring to my 21st Century sensibilities, until I re-realized that this was a true story and the real battle-field was probably far gorier that even depicted her (the usual decapitations and severed arms and legs still twitching), and the courage displayed by those warriors even greater than what was 2-dImensionally portrayed here.

It was certainly a visually stunning spectacle and the music was awesome, so I left the theater begrudgingly appreciating the effort. I think it will be a monster hit at the Box Office, but who knows?

Comment

Hey Texas, tonight I saw Black Snake Moan and you GOTTA go see it!!! It has authentic Mississippi Delta ol'-time blues all through it. I GUARANTEE you (and any other old-school blues fans) will LOVE it. It was a great movie.

Comment

Snakes on a Plane....Black Snake Moan....starting to be typecast?

Comment

Originally posted by hammer forever
                        Snakes on a Plane....Black Snake Moan....starting to be typecast?
                        Well, he DOES say the MF word a lot in this one too, but even milquetoast-me thought it was entirely necessary in the context of the movie and songs!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas

well that makes up for all of your tastes in sprint history for sure.
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                            Originally posted by Texas
                            well that makes up for all of your tastes in sprint history for sure.
                            No way. :P

Comment

Hey Texas, tonight I saw Black Snake Moan and you GOTTA go see it!!! It has authentic Mississippi Delta ol'-time blues all through it. I GUARANTEE you (and any other old-school blues fans) will LOVE it. It was a great movie.
                              I plan on it.

"Black Snake Moan" was actually written and recorded by a Texan, Blind Lemon Jeffeson in 1926. The "King Of The Delta" Charley Patton (no not Robert Johnson) didn't record until 29.

If ya want to hear what I consider to be the delta blues at it's very best , check out "Mississippi Jailhouse Groan" by Rube Lacy. Cat only recorded one record before turning to preaching the word of God leaving that Devil's music behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X