Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick sick sick

"A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left at her house and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said."

http://origin.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5448533

My guess is that the reward is going up.

Try this.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 1056/COL02

Local story that happened yesterday. Amazing what some people can do.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Thank God she's 17 and not 7 because she can probably handle this a little better. But she will never see the world the same again. To know at such a young age that people like this monster exists is a brutal lesson. No parent can prepare their daughter for this but at least she is alive. The 12 year old who was taken, raped and buried alive is gone forever.
      phsstt!

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, someone in Brantford just left a dog at the side of the road in a box with food and it froze to death.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Try this.
          A humane society veterinarian who performed an autopsy on the dog concluded he was boiled alive either in water or oil and then skinned,
          The human animal is by far the most savage.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            Cats are right up there :twisted:

Comment

Try this.
              A humane society veterinarian who performed an autopsy on the dog concluded he was boiled alive either in water or oil and then skinned,
              Yeah i heard that, did ya hear this? Were not only completely unimportant but we are nothin more in universal terms than a small bit of pollution, said the Humanist. :lol:
              phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                Try this.
                Yeah i heard that, did ya hear this? Were not only completely unimportant but we are nothin more in universal terms than a small bit of pollution, said the Humanist. :lol:
                I tell my students that that are fundamentally no different than a weed that grows in a vacant lot (unless they do something to bring joy to others before themselves, and in that case they are immortal)

Comment

I tell my students that that are fundamentally no different than a weed that grows in a vacant lot (unless they do something to bring joy to others before themselves, and in that case they are immortal)
                  Are you trying to tell us that you whisper that last part?

Comment

I tell my students that that are fundamentally no different than a weed that grows in a vacant lot (unless they do something to bring joy to others before themselves, and in that case they are immortal)[/quote]

Too late teach. All your students have been treated and worshiped as little cult figures by their overly loving parents long before you get your chance to tell them they're just a bunch of unwanted plants. :P
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      Funny you should ask. My English classroom is actually in our Gym building, off by itself, so sometimes I get very loudly histrionic for effect. But when we talk about this kind of existentialism, which actually does come up a lot (Shakespeare was VERY proto-existentialist!), we talk very quietly, to empahasize the seriousness of its import.

Too late teach. All your students have been treated and worshiped as little cult figures by their overly loving parents long before you get your chance to tell them they're just a bunch of unwanted plants. :P
                      I am constantly amazed (and a little scared) by how often parents come to me and tell me how influential I am/was (meaning their teachers in general) in their children's lives. My seniors do a Philosophy Project in the spring (which cures senioritis, cuz they really like delving into that kind of stuff), and they always come back from college to tell me how much it affected their thinking from then on.

Comment

Try this.
                        I respectfully disagree. If you say "some humans", you have a point. The vast majority of us are pretty decent.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by pego
                          I respectfully disagree. If you say "some humans", you have a point. The vast majority of us are pretty decent.
                          The human animal is capable by far of being the most savage.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                            The human animal is capable by far of being the most savage.
                            That's what tafnut MEANT to say.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                              Funny you should ask. My English classroom is actually in our Gym building, off by itself, so sometimes I get very loudly histrionic for effect. But when we talk about this kind of existentialism, which actually does come up a lot (Shakespeare was VERY proto-existentialist!), we talk very quietly, to empahasize the seriousness of its import.

I am constantly amazed (and a little scared) by how often parents come to me and tell me how influential I am/was (meaning their teachers in general) in their children's lives. My seniors do a Philosophy Project in the spring (which cures senioritis, cuz they really like delving into that kind of stuff), and they always come back from college to tell me how much it affected their thinking from then on.
                              Didnt mean to imply you could not have a big impact on your students. I just think the fact that mommy and daddy have em for the first 5-6 years is really big stuff.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X