X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Suck, suck it in deep you freaks. :twisted:
    They're not freaks; they're addicts. Pity them.
    As someone who has lost many people to this evil weed you will forgive me if i save most of my pity for the love ones who miss the smokers who are dead.
    phsstt!

Comment

As an ex-cigarette smoker, I have a certain level of sympathy for tobacco smokers.

I was a half-pack a day closet smoker, starting at age 22 (true stupidity on my part, brought on in part by hanging out with TN yahoos – I had my first cigarette the day the company I moved to TN with announced they were shutting down and a bunch of us took off for a local lake and started drinking and smoking weed and someone handed me a cigarette and a toke pretty much kicked my ass) and stopping without outside assistance about seven years ago. They say it is addictive physically, but I found the mental addictiveness (certain ‘time to have a cigarette’ cues) the toughest hurdle to overcome. Most smokers I know wish they were not, but have not figured out how to overcome these mental ‘gotta have a cig’ cues.

Of course, some of the heavy duty ones just have a death wish . . .

Comment

Arrest that man!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          I was a half-pack a day closet smoker, starting at age 22
          One of my partners took it up as an adult too and so did our office manager. I just don't get it.

Comment

As someone who has lost many people to this evil weed you will forgive me if i save most of my pity for the love ones who miss the smokers who are dead.
            I would not argue with that.

Comment

I would not argue with that.
              I have a certain level of pity for all addicts. One of my best friend's son is hopeless addicted to Meth- luckily in jail right now, maybe the only way to keep him alive. I have a lot of sympathy for people who took up smoking years ago before we knew that it was killer.
              phsstt!

Comment

I have a lot of sympathy for people who took up smoking years ago before we knew that it was killer.
                I do, too, but as far as I'm concerned, there was enough evidence out there in 1956 to induce people to quit or not to start.

Comment

Squackee, I understand your sympathy, and don:t want to take away from what you:ve stated. I disagree, however, with the part of not knowing about the killer effects, because with one hit, the lungs protest violently. That should be the first sign that continuing with that practice and making it a trend is probably not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                    . . . because with one hit, the lungs protest violently.
                    Not necessarily true. My first hit gave me a high unlike any other. I was shocked. My basic thought was "You mean all these people are doing this all day long and it's legal?? Sign me up!!"

Comment

hammy, your statement could reel in the best of the lot.

Comment

Squackee, I understand your sympathy, and don:t want to take away from what you:ve stated. I disagree, however, with the part of not knowing about the killer effects, because with one hit, the lungs protest violently. That should be the first sign that continuing with that practice and making it a trend is probably not a good idea.
                        Yes, most people would cough violently and common sense should tell you this is not good for you. "You mean lighting a plant on fire and willfully breathiing in the fumes and smoke is not a good idea?"

But 100 years ago a new smoker would only have to look at his elders smoking to realize it was "ok" and just took some getting use to.
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                          Not necessarily true. My first hit gave me a high unlike any other. I was shocked. My basic thought was "You mean all these people are doing this all day long and it's legal?? Sign me up!!"
                          hammy, your statement could reel in the best of the lot.
                          The voice of experience. I had the 'advantage' of being a seasoned smoker of some of Mother Natures other bountiful herbs, so the lungs/throat did not protest much. And as a connoisseur of other highs I knew that this nicotine one was special.

Comment

Why should indoor smoking in your home be different if an innocent child must breathe your smoke? I don't have a good answer, but I suspect you would agree that this is legislation that would probably be impossible to pass.
                            Why? Letter to the editor today. Two women sitting in a car in front of the hospital having a smoke. Fine, whatever. Problem was the kid in a car seat in the back. There should be a law that would put both of those women in jail if governments were actually serious about the problem.

Comment

Looks like it has started.

"Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger recently signed a bill in California prohibiting smoking in any vehicle, including a private car, carrying anyone under the age of 18. Similar bans protecting children from second-hand smoke have been enacted in several other U.S. states."

http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/268679

Read an article this morning quoting someone Robert Best of Smoker's Rights Inc. and he asked what would be next, banning smoking at home if there are kids there.

Well...sure...why not.

Comment

Re: Smoke Free

Originally posted by maggot
                                The state of Arizona went smoke free as of May 1. That means no smoking in any public building. What other states, provinces, countries, cities have such a law?
                                Tennessee and Georgia have the law. It's nice to go into a bar and not come out reeking. There are exceptions to the law. Any place 21 and over exclusively can allow smoking indoors.

http://health.state.tn.us/smokefreetennessee/

Comment

Working...
                                X