X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best City . . . . . . Gainesville??!!

YOu've GOT to be kidding me, USA Today!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/ ... ties_N.htm

Gainesville ([to No. 1] up from No. 56 ) benefits from "a strong concentration of young people and active retirees." With a population of 248,000, its only drawbacks are hot, sticky summers and a relatively high violent crime rate, most of it drug-related.
    I'm a transplant Floridian, and I loves me my University of Florida, but G-ville is a hick town, whose ONLY good points are wholly contained within the UF campus - terrible choice!!

Eugenians are gonna love Corvallis at 14 and Medford at 34, but no them!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Eugenians are gonna love Corvallis at 14 and Medford at 34, but no them!
      And Portland/Vancouver/Beaverton at 3!

And I like this:

Modesto and several other central California cities suffer from high unemployment and crime and expensive housing.
      Those cites suffer from a lot of things, including heat, boredom, not being on the coast, farming and industrial waste, and a few other items . . .

Comment

Gainesville? Blue haired and senile octarians wondering around lost on pancake flat steam baths from hell while giant man eating monsters sun themselves by the pool and fire ants await your next venture outside into the blast furnace. Nice.
        phsstt!

Comment

Re: Best City . . . . . . Gainesville??!!

Originally posted by tafnut

I'm a transplant Floridian, and I loves me my University of Florida, but G-ville is a hick town, whose ONLY good points are wholly contained within the UF campus - terrible choice!!
          As one born and raised ten miles down a dirt road from a town of 800, I am having difficulty thinking of a city with a quarter million people as a "hick town"

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf

As one born and raised ten miles down a dirt road from a town of 800, I am having difficulty thinking of a city with a quarter million people as a "hick town"
            Size alone does not a hick town make.

Comment

Jacksonville - a case in point! :P :lol: :twisted: :shock: :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                Jacksonville - a case in point!
                Not unless Green Bay is too!

Comment

I can't imagine being very happy living in either Jacksonville OR Gainesville, but from brief visits to both cities, I think I'd rather spend a year in Jacksonville than a month in Gainesville (especially if the month in question is July).

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    I can't imagine being very happy living in either Jacksonville OR Gainesville, but from brief visits to both cities, I think I'd rather spend a year in Jacksonville than a month in Gainesville (especially if the month in question is July).
                    To each his own - after traveling all over the USA and the world, I came HERE (very consideredly) to live out my days. Couldn't be happier with my choice!

Comment

To each his own - after traveling all over the USA and the world, I came HERE (very consideredly) to live out my days. Couldn't be happier with my choice!
                      Yeah, but you live on a diet of mayo and ding dongs. Your choices must be evaluated at a discount . . .

:P

Comment

To each his own, indeed. If we all wanted to live in the same place, that place would soon become unlivable.

Comment

I came HERE ( to live out my days!
                          After looking at these pictures ive decided to retire with you. We could jog, play golf and then take a nap. Wont that be fun.

]

phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                            Gainesville? Blue haired and senile octarians wondering around lost on pancake flat steam baths from hell while giant man eating monsters sun themselves by the pool and fire ants await your next venture outside into the blast furnace. Nice.
                            While killing time waiting for the 4pm all you can eat dinner special.

Comment

From that article:

"its only drawbacks are hot, sticky summers and a relatively high violent crime rate, most of it drug-related."

Comment

Working...
                              X