Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dog fighting's OK per NFL players Portis, Samuels

Jemele Hill is hit or miss with her articles, but she made some good points in that one. In my opinion it comes down to the basic "dress for the job" caveat - and she does not look like she's dressing for a job as a serious reporter at all.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Hill is more hit than miss, it's just that her audience is mostly either fratboy, or supremacist, or worse - if that's possible. She's entirely better than Reilly, who writes/opines directly to that constituency; Simmons is good and the fratboy's hold him in reverence, but he can get in the weeds and it seems too personal (his dog, his dad, his wife, his kid...). Now, Whitlock is hit or miss (misses much more than he hits, but hits...hard).

Anyway, I really hoped that Hill would have hit Sainz -and Brennan/AWSM- harder! Hill respectfully disagreed and this was the time for her to go for a bodyslam on their hypocrisy. Brennan/AWSM did themselves, and women reporters, a diservice by coming to Sainz's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-sided
        Brennan/AWSM did themselves, and women reporters, a diservice by coming to Sainz's defense.
        It would appear that even Ms. Sainz agrees with you.
        Considering that the AWSM was in fact worried about the event and about my integrity as a woman and newsperson, why did I never receive a call from them, and why were all these deeds denounced [by the AWSM] with such certainty?

A group of news people and communicators, eager to make an even bigger scandal out of this situation, have moved women's rights backwards at least 50 years.

I am surprised by how easily some colleagues skip the basic rules of journalism: one should investigate, inquire, and look at the facts before giving an opinion.
        http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/09/1 ... set-years/

After watching her interview on the Today Show, I had a feeling that she was dragged into this fracas kicking and screaming, and this proves it. For the record, the rubenesque Holly Rowe is the one who actually filed the complaint with the NFL without any input or consent from Sainz herself. Christine Brennan has egg all over her face.

Comment

Working...
        X