Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is TAFNEWS your computer's home page?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gh
    Serious answer: if you do a lot of surfing, as I do, then you're crazy not to have multiple browsers (I run 3) and use a different home for each of them. You can bounce around a lot faster that way without having to rotate location within a single browser. But as Bartles & Jaymes would say, "we thank you for your support."
    I run the following in my Suse host: Firefox, Mozilla, Konqueror. Within each Windows virtual machine [there are 4] I run Firefox, IE, Opera. Within each Red Hat virtual machine I run 3. Within each Sun virtual machine I run another 2. I'm running 20 browsers concurrently. Further, I run as fast as Jeremy Wariner, covering 402 meters in 43.62.
    Take good care of yourself.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gh
      Serious answer: if you do a lot of surfing, as I do, then you're crazy not to have multiple browsers (I run 3) and use a different home for each of them. You can bounce around a lot faster that way without having to rotate location within a single browser. But as Bartles & Jaymes would say, "we thank you for your support."
      I run the following in my Suse host: Firefox, Mozilla, Konqueror. Within each Windows virtual machine [there are 4] I run Firefox, IE, Opera. Within each Red Hat virtual machine I run 3. Within each Sun virtual machine I run another 2. I'm running 20 browsers concurrently. Further, I run the same time as Jeremy Wariner, covering 402 meters in 43.62, periodd.
      Take good care of yourself.

      Comment


      • #18
        I use a plain, generic, msn home page at home, where I share the computer with Mrs. tandfman. On my laptop, however, which I'm using now in Eugene, T&FN is my home page.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gh
          I'm talking serious surfing; I have three browsers open, each with multiple tabs. Not uncommon for me to have more than a dozen sites working.
          Jeeez - you're more ADHD than I am!

          Comment


          • #20
            No. Mine is ' Yahoo ! ' (I always have to put the ! in )

            Comment


            • #21
              No, my home page is blank or all white.

              Comment


              • #22
                Showing my ignorance here...

                By "home page" do you mean the icon screen ? If so, I like mine; it shows a pretty DUKE female cheerleader, standing on the Duke track.

                Now how can you beat a 3 way combo of 3 things I love:
                1) pretty women
                2)Duke
                3) Track

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                  Showing my ignorance here
                  Steve, you make me feel VERY young . . . !!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                    Showing my ignorance here...

                    By "home page" do you mean the icon screen ? If so, I like mine; it shows a pretty DUKE female cheerleader, standing on the Duke track.

                    Now how can you beat a 3 way combo of 3 things I love:
                    1) pretty women
                    2)Duke
                    3) Track
                    Steve, I think, what you are referring to is called a wallpaper (the desk top). Home page is the first web page that loads when you click on internet connection (for the simple-minded as myself, it would be the Internet Explorer icon).
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thank you Pego. That terminology " wallpaper" now rings a bell.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Pego
                        Steve, I think, what you are referring to is called a wallpaper (the desk top). Home page is the first web page that loads when you click on internet connection (for the simple-minded as myself, it would be the Internet Explorer icon).
                        At 56 I'm feeling more and more like the young whipper-snapper here. Thanks for the pick-me-up, guys! (and for the record, Pego, if YOU are simple-minded, that makes me a Blithering Idiot, which, come to think of it, . . . )

                        IQ categories (non-PC division)

                        70-80: Borderline deficiency
                        50-69: Moron
                        20-49: Imbecile
                        below 20: Idiot

                        I think 'Borderline Deficient' is a nice way of describing me.

                        Deep Thought: When dealing with people out in the public arena, have you ever stopped to realize that half of all the people you meet are of Below Average Intelligence, and for every smart person you meet, there has to be someone equally stupid. It gives one pause.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tafnut
                          Originally posted by Pego
                          Steve, I think, what you are referring to is called a wallpaper (the desk top). Home page is the first web page that loads when you click on internet connection (for the simple-minded as myself, it would be the Internet Explorer icon).
                          At 56 I'm feeling more and more like the young whipper-snapper here. Thanks for the pick-me-up, guys! (and for the record, Pego, if YOU are simple-minded, that makes me a Blithering Idiot, which, come to think of it, . . . )

                          IQ categories (non-PC division)

                          70-80: Borderline deficiency
                          50-69: Moron
                          20-49: Imbecile
                          below 20: Idiot

                          I think 'Borderline Deficient' is a nice way of describing me.

                          Deep Thought: When dealing with people out in the public arena, have you ever stopped to realize that half of all the people you meet are of Below Average Intelligence, and for every smart person you meet, there has to be someone equally stupid. It gives one pause.
                          This scale is WAY too generous .
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Pego
                            This scale is WAY too generous .
                            Rumor has it that MJD's IQ is 140+. Does that make me the counter balance? I'm sure I could hit 60 on a good day, with some PEDs.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X