X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    From what I gather, one problem is that it is apparently harder to get a visa than it used to be, or at least it's perceived to be harder. I imagine some potential tourists don't even try, but instead just choose holiday destinations where the process is easier or where they don't need visas at all.
    Some European countries that don't require visa from US visitors, but have to have them for the travel to US are particularly annoyed.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    From what I gather, one problem is that it is apparently harder to get a visa than it used to be, or at least it's perceived to be harder. I imagine some potential tourists don't even try, but instead just choose holiday destinations where the process is easier or where they don't need visas at all.

Leave a comment:

• jhc68
    replied
    This thread could easily degrade to political ranting. Suffice to say (for me) that I travel a lot and people I talk to outside the USA generally view the American government since 9/11 as inhospitable to visitors and irrational in foreign policy. Daisy is right, it is only the weak dollar and resultant bargain shopping that brings anyone here at all.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Re: U.S. Losing Billions In Tourist Dollars

The United States has lost billions of dollars and an immeasurable amount of good will since the Sept. 11 terrorism attacks because of a decline in foreign tourists.

Several senators are now trying to get the government involved in bringing those visitors back.
    The weak dollar will work wonders.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    started a topic U.S. Losing Billions In Tourist Dollars

U.S. Losing Billions In Tourist Dollars

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/congress-l ... 07?cid=771
Working...
X