Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canuck buck

Some interesting reading:

"In the face of a weak link USDollar, a fast eroding Petro-Dollar defacto standard enforced by Persian Gulf principal players, one should expect the crude oil price to hurtle higher. It is doing precisely that. Blame had been put on the Nigerian situation, but that is but a false facade and distorted assessment intentionally given. The links have always been firm between the USDollar and crude oil. The alchemists cannot control them, while at the same time keep their controls in place on the vast price capping required throughout the Western bond world on long-term interest rates."

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/willi ... 70607.html

Re: Canuck buck

Originally posted by MJD
    The alchemists cannot control them
    They're still stuck on that transmutation of lead into gold trick!

Comment

Higher still, and the Euro and the Pound are also kicking the bejeesuz out of the USD. Only good news is that in a WC year, the Yen is generally going the other way.

Comment

Up almost a cent today.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0707 ... ds_col_334

Comment

Morning paper today also showed Euro at $1.37 and the Pound at $2.03. Aiyeee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            This is so freakin' awesome, I could scream! I'm taking a trip to Britain in a WEEK AND A HALF (first time I've been there in 20!! years), and my Murkan Dollarz are gonna be WURFLEZZ!!!!!! This is so TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
              Originally posted by gh
              This is so freakin' awesome, I could scream! I'm taking a trip to Britain in a WEEK AND A HALF (first time I've been there in 20!! years), and my Murkan Dollarz are gonna be WURFLEZZ!!!!!! This is so TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
              McDonalds . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                McDonalds . . .
                That goes without saying! :roll:

I imagine it's going to be that or peanut butter sandwiches for two weeks.

(Not that I'd be missing much in the British cuisine (sic). )

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                  Originally posted by gh
                  Bring extra diapers, cuz you gonna shit your pants. I think I related this at the time, but in our (ritzy) London hotel last November, we paid 40 bucks for orange juice and tea for breakfast. And that was when the pound was, as I recall, $1.89.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Bring extra diapers, cuz you gonna shit your pants. I think I related this at the time, but in our (ritzy) London hotel last November, we paid 40 bucks for orange juice and tea for breakfast. And that was when the pound was, as I recall, $1.89.
                    Hence the need for extra jars of Peanut Butter, a breakfast staple in our house for ages. My worst experience in that regard was 4 years ago when my wife took me to Sanibel Island (lower left Fla) for the fabulous (you have to say that as in 'AbFab') shelling opportunities (don't ask). So it was a Sunday morning about 10am and we decided to partake in one of those great Brunch Buffets that resort hotels have. So we went thru the line and it all looked great and we loaded up pur plates with all sorts of goodies and got to the cashier. . . . FIFTY . . . DOLLARS . . . APIECE. Being the cheap b*stard that I am, I REALLY wanted to dump it and run, but all eyes were on us, so I gulped and paid. Needless to say, it was Mickey D's the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                      http://www.321gold.com/editorials/willie/willie070607.html
                      Bump.

"These guys, leverage mechanics in financial engineering, destroyers of economies, snake oil salesmen of cancer ridden asset bonds, they are sweating bullets, pooping their pants, staring into space, stunned by failed auctions and uncertain valuation, wondering about leverage implications and debts called by creditors."

A mentor of mine has been predicting this for months. Anyone looking at their statements quarterly can forget about that 30/06/07 fantasy land number.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                        Anyone looking at their statements quarterly can forget about that 30/06/07 fantasy land number.
                        I already had . . . :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                          I feel like I'm 16 again...
                          Take good care of yourself.

Comment

There are some ways in which I suppose it would be nice to feel as I did when I was 16. This isn't one of them. I liked 70-cent loonies.

Comment

Nice try. :P
                              Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X