Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Best for 18m.o. miler?

My 18-month-old daughter just ran a measured mile and I clocked her in a hand-timed 11:33.1... .

She's just a bundle of energy, so we've been letting her get out and stretch her legs in jog/walk/runs and we just follow her has long as she wants to go. This evening, I just timed her doing her thing. Then we sorta made her stop after a mile and she didn't want to, so she did a little jig instead.

I say get her IMMEDIATELY on a long-term mega-mileage training program. If you just add ONE mile a week, she'll be doing over 100 miles per week while she's three and Lindgrenian mileage before kindergarten. It's never too early to get a jump on the competition!! Glory awaits!!!!

Comment

Now for a Cliff's brain question:

If 18-month old adds one mile per week to her daily training, and Jeremy Wariner moves up from a 400/200 double in 2008 to a 400/800 double in 2012, in what year and in what event will Wariner and 18-month-old compete on even terms?

Comment

Originally posted by dj
        Now for a Cliff's brain question:

If 18-month old adds one mile per week to her daily training, and Jeremy Wariner moves up from a 400/200 double in 2008 to a 400/800 double in 2012, in what year and in what event will Wariner and 18-month-old compete on even terms?
        Obviously a variant on "Two trains leave their terminals in Philadelphia and Los Angeles at 3 PM ..."

Comment

Age group parents!

Comment

Working...
          X