Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Universes Collide - Tafnut meets Eldrick AND Jon

One would think that the known universe would cease to exist if these two ever met face-to-face, but it just happened and time didn't stand still! We had a great lunch (his treat!) and spent a very pleasant hour talking about 'Current Events', 'Historical', and 'Things Not Track & Field' stuff!!

BTW, the weather is perfect for the London GP in a couple of hours and I'm pumped!

edit - see below for Jon meet.

So tell us--does he speak equations over lunch? :P

Comment

My guess would be yes.

Comment

My guess is that his lunch included an adult beverage and tafnut's did not.

Comment

Re: Matter vs. Anti-Matter Collision - Tafnut meets Eldrick

Originally posted by tafnut
          One would think that the known universe would cease to exist if these two ever met face-to-face, but it just happened and time didn't stand still! We had a great lunch (his treat!) and spent a very pleasant hour talking about 'Current Events', 'Historical', and 'Things Not Track & Field' stuff!!

BTW, the weather is perfect for the London GP in a couple of hours and I'm pumped!
          I am envious. Have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Bloody Caesar, that's funny! :lol:
            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I'm happy that tafnut apparently survived ordering a ginge ale in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                Originally posted by gh
                He told me he was gonna belly up to the bar in a 10 gallon hat, slam down some pound notes and order a Roy Rogers.........on da rocks.

He sent me this picture of him.

phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  Originally posted by marknhj
                  Originally posted by gh
                  He told me he was gonna belly up to the bar in a 10 gallon hat, slam down some pound notes and order a Roy Rogers.........on da rocks.

He sent me this picture of him.

Sure pays to be aa teetotaler.

This is tafnut as a child:

Take good care of yourself.

Comment

It was a disappointing encounter for me...

...because we didn't get enough time to chat ! :cry:

We met at 1200hrs ( taf & his wife ), went for a nice lunch ( i had a nice glass of Merlot & taf a coke ), chatted for about 1 1/2 hours, then unfortunately over all too quickly, as taf + missus had to check they had seats for the meet & to send some e-mails home.

I shouda put my foot down !

We shouda dropped Mrs Taf off at the Internet Cafe & us 2 couda retired to the neighbouring pub for a coupla hours until the meet was due to start at 1600 hrs.

Unfortunately, 30,000+ posts between us & we didn't have the combined brains to come up with this solution at the time ! :? :cry:

Oh well, next time !

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

We shouda dropped Mrs Taf off at the Internet Cafe & us 2 couda retired to the neighbouring pub for a coupla hours until the meet was due to start at 1600 hrs.

Oh well, next time !
                      If i was there i would have dumped the wife and talled forth to the pub where we would forget all about the meet and pound brews until your money ran out! :P
                      phsstt!

Comment

Definitely more than a glass of merlot would have been had!!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          Originally posted by eldrick

Oh well, next time !
                          If i was there i would have dumped the wife and talled forth to the pub where we would forget all about the meet and pound brews until your money ran out! :P
                          LOL.

And missed your GF Isi????

Love hearing about forum meet ups. 8)

When I come to London we can meet at Harrod's and do some damage to your cc there Eldy!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                            And missed your GF Isi????
                            eldy went home, didn't even bother with the meet????? See the 800 thread. I think gh should ban him for that :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                              Definitely more than a glass of merlot would have been had!!
                              i glass of merlot in 1 1/2 hours !!!

i'm usually thru a bottle in that time !!!

it just didn't seem really right to order a bottle & have to drink it all myself with taf + mrs on the cokes !

but if i had, i think i might have had the courage to tell taf to send the mrs to the 'net cafe & we go down the pub !

Comment

Working...
                              X