Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru in the comics

http://www.creators.com/comics/bc/7917.html

...and he resides on the highest mountain peak of Ohio :lol: .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
      For giggles I had to look that one up. Campbell Hill at 1,550 ft. So no altitude-aided marks in Ohio . . .

Comment

There aren't any peaks to speak of(that at least have much snow). They go to WNY for that.

http://www.wnyskiresorts.com/

Comment

Ranked 43rd out of the 50 states for highest point of elevation. At least they don't call it a mountain, unlike Mississippi's Woodall Mountain (806 ft.) or Louisiana's Driskill Mountain (535 ft.!).

http://americasroof.com/usa.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            At least they don't call it a mountain, unlike Mississippi's Woodall Mountain (806 ft.) or Louisiana's Driskill Mountain (535 ft.!).
            I'd give them a break, sometimes the small ones can look like giants when everything else is at sea level. There are tons of small volcanic plugs around Edinburgh that resemble mountains, especially when you get to the top and the wind is hurricane force.

Arthur's Seat, just over 800 ft.

Berwick law, just over 600 ft.

Comment

How about that towering mountain that is Florida's highest peak at 345 feet . . . Mount Britton!!
              (actually it's just called Britton Hill, and I suspect it's just a large sand dune)

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                There are tons of small volcanic plugs around Edinburgh that resemble mountains, especially when you get to the top and the wind is hurricane force.

So you are saying that at the bottom of these 600 or 800 ft. rocks that there is relatively no wind but if you climb to the top the wind is blowing at 80-100mph??? I've been living at 1,100 ft. for nine years (about five miles from a sea-level bay) and have never experienced such a dramatic difference in wind speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                  There are tons of small volcanic plugs around Edinburgh that resemble mountains, especially when you get to the top and the wind is hurricane force.

So you are saying that at the bottom of these 600 or 800 ft. rocks that there is relatively no wind but if you climb to the top the wind is blowing at 80-100mph??? I've been living at 1,100 ft. for nine years (about five miles from a sea-level bay) and have never experienced such a dramatic difference in wind speed.
                  It funnels up the valleys, such as Hunters' bog. I might add it is the famed home of the Hunters Bog Trotters, where the old Edinburgh University alumni hare and hounds are left out to pasture.

And here are the Bog Trotters training.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                    For giggles I had to look that one up. Campbell Hill at 1,550 ft. So no altitude-aided marks in Ohio . . .

Strangely enough, Ellicottville, NY is at 1549 feet but the hill drops around 700 feet to get there. It's very rare that anything around there gets referred to as anything but a hill. Track reference, Coolsaet has done tons of hill work around those parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X