Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microwave Cooking Question

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Microwave Cooking Question

    i wonder if someone can help me out

    i've been looking in vain for a precise answer to this :

    a microwave meal takes 5'00 to cook on full power, & it usually justs says on the packet " 2 or more meals together will take longer to cook"

    however, that's as precise as it gets

    how long, specifically, do 2 meals together take to cook ?

  • #2
    As with all microwave meals, it will vary widely by microwave. Some are more powerful than others.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do what we did - buy a second microwave.

      Comment


      • #4
        You shouldn't be eating microwave muck. Usually looks like the dog has thrown up on your plate...
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Microwave Cooking Question

          Originally posted by eldrick
          i wonder if someone can help me out

          i've been looking in vain for a precise answer to this :

          a microwave meal takes 5'00 to cook on full power, & it usually justs says on the packet " 2 or more meals together will take longer to cook"

          however, that's as precise as it gets

          how long, specifically, do 2 meals together take to cook ?
          What! You don't have an equation that can give you the answer to the tenth of a second?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nevetsllim
            You shouldn't be eating microwave muck. Usually looks like the dog has thrown up on your plate...
            wait 'til you get to college...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Microwave Cooking Question

              Originally posted by tandfman
              What! You don't have an equation that can give you the answer to the tenth of a second?
              for some reason square root 2 seems to be an anecdotal answer, but i can't figure out why :cry: :wink:

              Comment


              • #8
                Microwaves are not meant for COOKING anything (well, except popcorn). They're meant for REHEATING something properly prepared earlier!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gh
                  Microwaves are not meant for COOKING anything (well, except popcorn). They're meant for REHEATING something properly prepared earlier!
                  you can cook scrambled & poached eggs in a microwave

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eldrick
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Microwaves are not meant for COOKING anything (well, except popcorn). They're meant for REHEATING something properly prepared earlier!
                    you can cook scrambled & poached eggs in a microwave
                    Eldy, do you own a stove? They're kinda ku.
                    phsstt!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Never, I repeat NEVER, leave a kitty or kitties in there for over 2 minutes. :twisted:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                        Originally posted by eldrick

                        you can cook scrambled & poached eggs in a microwave
                        Eldy, do you own a stove? They're kinda ku.
                        you can cook those eggs without oil, which is healthier :wink:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tafnut
                          Never, I repeat NEVER, leave a kitty or kitties in there for over 2 minutes. :twisted:
                          Damn right, they get tough if overdone. But eldy's question still comes into play here. If 2 minutes is just right for one kitty, how much extra time per extra kitty?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bad hammy
                            Originally posted by tafnut
                            Never, I repeat NEVER, leave a kitty or kitties in there for over 2 minutes. :twisted:
                            Damn right, they get tough if overdone. But eldy's question still comes into play here. If 2 minutes is just right for one kitty, how much extra time per extra kitty?
                            I know it's 1 extra minute for each puppy or bunny, but I'm just not sure about kitties.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tafnut
                              Originally posted by bad hammy
                              Originally posted by tafnut
                              Never, I repeat NEVER, leave a kitty or kitties in there for over 2 minutes. :twisted:
                              Damn right, they get tough if overdone. But eldy's question still comes into play here. If 2 minutes is just right for one kitty, how much extra time per extra kitty?
                              I know it's 1 extra minute for each puppy or bunny, but I'm just not sure about kitties.
                              We have a recipe that includes one small baby (under six months old) for four minutes, but we are having a large gathering so we're cooking three. How long do we have to nuke 'em??

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X