Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest Place You've Ever Accessed This Web Site

While this sounds like an odd topic, I had just had the distinct opportunity to log on for information on JW's 43.50 from the Abu Dhabi International Airport. They have a number of free access terminals, most of which were being used by teenagers from numerous countries for IM'ing and MySpace.

Anybody else out there have similar experiences?

Fairfield Inn in Altoona, PA :P
    There are no strings on me

Comment

The 240 year old Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge Mass. They have made some improvements over the years like electricity and what not.

http://www.redlioninn.com/
      phsstt!

Comment

An internet cafe near Crystal Palace, London, right after I met Eldy!
        Second place: my B&B room (probably 800 years old) in the boonies of the Highlands.

Comment

Sitting in a door well on the Prague to Ostrava train, using my Blackberry

Comment

I kept multiple posting with mine so I look with it but don't post with it.

Comment

Not so strange but various kinkos coast to coast have come in handy.

Comment

Most enjoyable: using my CrapBerry to send marknhj an email from trackside at the 2006 NCAA meet with bogus information about Trey Hardee coming up lame in the 100m and being out of the deca he was a lock to win, and then seeing marknhj post that little nugget here as a flash update. :P :lol:

Of course, later on when Hardee NH'd in the PV, for some reason marknhj wouldn't believe me! :roll:

Comment

Re: Strangest Place You've Ever Accessed This Web Site

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
                  While this sounds like an odd topic, I had just had the distinct opportunity to log on for information on JW's 43.50 from the Abu Dhabi International Airport. They have a number of free access terminals, most of which were being used by teenagers from numerous countries for IM'ing and MySpace.

Anybody else out there have similar experiences?
                  Just remember! Whenever you use a "public" machine, always leave the T&FN home page up when you go!

Comment

Re: Strangest Place You've Ever Accessed This Web Site

Originally posted by gh

Just remember! Whenever you use a "public" machine, always leave the T&FN home page up when you go!
                    Cache in, cache out.
                    Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Uh, my parents' house May last year during the Carson or Oregon meet? They thought I was goofy to run back to their office (no laptop) and post between events, and that you guys (and I) need to get a life. (I told them that's what Steve Ovett said, too.)

Comment

My most notable access would have to be in the stadium at the World Juniors in Beijing last year. First day, and I needed some data, and was thrilled to see that they had a terminal set up for us to use in the announcer's booth.

So I started logging in, got all kinds of strange interference, then technicians started swearing in Italian.... I was using the interface for the main scoreboard, and for a few seconds many thousands of fans got to see our home page! oops ops:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          My most notable access would have to be in the stadium at the World Juniors in Beijing last year. First day, and I needed some data, and was thrilled to see that they had a terminal set up for us to use in the announcer's booth.

So I started logging in, got all kinds of strange interference, then technicians started swearing in Italian.... I was using the interface for the main scoreboard, and for a few seconds many thousands of fans got to see our home page! oops ops:
                          Hope you had your Content Advisor settings at a PG or lower level.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            Most enjoyable: using my CrapBerry to send marknhj an email from trackside at the 2006 NCAA meet with bogus information about Trey Hardee coming up lame in the 100m and being out of the deca he was a lock to win, and then seeing marknhj post that little nugget here as a flash update. :P :lol:

Of course, later on when Hardee NH'd in the PV, for some reason marknhj wouldn't believe me! :roll:
                            And you've yet to discover the on-line picture of a dwarf she-male I photoshopped your face onto over a year ago now, right?

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                              And you've yet to discover the on-line picture of a dwarf she-male I photoshopped your face onto over a year ago now, right?
                              Probably an improvement over the real thing (in either direction) . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X