Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH Posts

6 too many

MattMarriott has it at 9. How are we going to reconcile??

Comment

Re: GH Posts

Originally posted by DaveW
      6 too many
      methinks it is YOU who have had a few too many!

Comment

Okay I didn't think Dave's posts could get much weirder!

The WC seem to be bringing out the best in a few people.
        Guess they timed their peaks right. :x

Comment

You can count on me to be at my very finest this next week Mojo! And I mean that in the best way.
          Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
            You can count on me to be at my very finest this next week Mojo! And I mean that in the best way.
            I always count on Canucks to shine during the Worlds. 8)

(yay for Dylan...eh?)

Are you as frustrated as I am over the lack of abilty to watch this stuff?

But three whole hours tomorrow- woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
              Okay I didn't think Dave's posts could get much weirder!

The WC seem to be bringing out the best in a few people.
              Guess they timed their peaks right. :x
              Interest in a sport is driven by a community that is allowed to share in the collective experience. If the method of reporting does not allow participation, it will diminish the sport and be self-serving.

There are a lot of people providing great information, but remember it is always about the field and there is ample space to grow.

Comment

but remember it is always about the field

I see you and gh have more in common than we thought!

Comment

Interest in a sport is driven by a community that is allowed to share in the collective experience. If the method of reporting does not allow participation, it will diminish the sport and be self-serving.
                  There are a lot of people providing great information, but remember it is always about the field and there is ample space to grow.
                  We're all waiting for YOU to participate and say things we can actually understand! I bet you have cool insights, but what's the frequency, Kenneth?

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                    We're all waiting for YOU to participate and say things we can actually understand! I bet you have cool insights, but what's the frequency, Kenneth?
                    The "what is the frequency, Kenneth?" is a little strange. Don't spend too much time on stats and frequency, because that's a waste of time. Perhaps misdirection is in the hands those of who just don't care.

When you respond to people as though you are a robot and an actor in a very carefully scripted show, you should know that you will not be trusted.

Comment

[quote

I thought Peter Sellars in the movie "Being There" was fiction.

read carefully-

President "Bobby": Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives?
                      [Long pause]
                      Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
                      President "Bobby": In the garden.
                      Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
                      President "Bobby": Spring and summer.
                      Chance the Gardener: Yes.
                      President "Bobby": Then fall and winter.
                      Chance the Gardener: Yes.
                      Benjamin Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.
                      Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!
                      Benjamin Rand: Hmm!
                      Chance the Gardener: Hmm!
                      President "Bobby": Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.
                      phsstt!

Comment

The "what is the frequency, Kenneth?" is a little strange
                        "What's the frequency, Kenneth? is the name of a song by REM, from the LP "Monster".

Justin

Comment

What's the story behind R.E.M.'s song "What's the Frequency, Kenneth"?

Comment

You need to spend less time on R.E.M songs and a little more on the events in 2007 - or 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Clouder
                              The "what is the frequency, Kenneth?" is a little strange
                              "What's the frequency, Kenneth? is the name of a song by REM, from the LP "Monster".

Justin
                              But that's not the origination of the line!

Comment

Working...
                              X