Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cladthin
    replied
    If they recover enough to score some wins he won't step down in season. He's stubborn like that, though. I don't doubt there's pressure but I see the a.d. Martin giving him immunity, for now. His stubbornness and unwillingness to change enough about his team, especially the strength and conditioning program, is continuing to cost the program. This along with his installing his buddy Mike DeBord as the o.c. who is completely unimaginative particularly given the weapons he has to work with.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    considering they have Notre Dame this week
    ND is as bad as they are. I pity the loser of this game. There will be lots of effigies with sore throats.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by cladthin
    I seriously doubt he steps down during the season but who knows?

After the season, on the other hand, I totally see happening.
    If they lose to Northwestern in 3 weeks, and they are still winless, Carr will be gone.

The way they look now, this is not an unlikely scenario, considering they have Notre Dame this week, Penn State next, and the Northwestern game is in Evanston.

Leave a comment:

• cladthin
    replied
    I seriously doubt he steps down during the season but who knows?

After the season, on the other hand, I totally see happening.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Will Michigan win a game this year? Currently down 32-7 to Oregon at halftime, IN MICHIGAN again. QB Henne out with leg injury.

If this one get REALLY ugly, I'd expect Lloyd Carr to step down this week.

Leave a comment:

• vaultman
    replied
    I had free tickets to this game and free place to stay and had to visit family in DC.

App has a very good football team but this is still a HUGE upset. Appalachian will most likely go undefeated and win another national title.

By the way I live in Boone and went to ASU. GO APPS!

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    App.St. is the two time defending 1-AA champion. I believe that in any given year the 1-AA champion is probably better than at least 20% of the 1-A teams and probably 30% in some years. Therefore, I have a hard time calling this the biggest upset in college football history.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    The Big 10 is so overrated.

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    Yep, and it vaulted OU to #5 over Texas even. Don't mean to gloat!

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    Re: Michigan Falls To Appalachian State!!

Sorry gh, but I had to put this up.

#5 Michigan beaten by I-AA(!!!) Appalachian State 34-32 AT MICHIGAN. :shock: :lol:

First Associated Press-ranked team to lose to a I-AA team. EVER

Man, it's going to get toasty for Lloyd Carr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272440130

It's good to be a Buckeye

And as a side note, I'm sure bhall has to happy his boys at GT beat Notre Dame 33-3.

This has to rank with the greatest upsets in sports history. I was born in Michigan, but they are my least favorite team. Awesome. When they hit that long pass with under 15 seconds, I wanted to cry. But by God this was their day.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Re: Michigan Falls To Appalachian State!!

#5 Michigan beaten by I-AA(!!!) Appalachian State 34-32 AT MICHIGAN. :shock: :lol:

And as a side note, I'm sure bhall has to happy his boys at GT beat Notre Dame 33-3.
    Twilight Zone Department: last night on the bus on the way to the track, coincidentally, somebody asked me if I was a college football fan. My response was (and I kid you not), "About the only interest I have at this point is getting excited whenever Michigan loses. Or Notre Dame. Or any school where football has transcended the school's mission as an institute of higher learning." I just got rewarded in spades! Go god!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Doesn't mean anything about anything, but the guy selling me drugs today (at the drugstore!) was wearing a Cal Bears shirt. I asked him if he was going to watch the big Cal/TN game this afternoon. He looked at me like I was nuts. I said 'well, you're wearing a Cal shirt'. He indcated that he just got the shirt cheap and was really a Michigan fan.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    started a topic Michigan Falls To Appalachian State!!

Michigan Falls To Appalachian State!!

Working...
X