Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention "Blade Runner" fans

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Attention "Blade Runner" fans

    Turns out that the "director's cut" version they put out in '92 wasn't really Ridley Scott's true vision either!

    At long last, the final-final-final, real version!

    http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movie ... 01?cid=445

    Babs is gonna hate me owning three DVDs of a movie she thinks is sucky no matter what.

  • #2
    THE best sci-fi movie EVER . . . by far.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been reading about this for the past several years. It's been tied up in legal limbo for a long time. I'm glad it's finally going to see the light of day!

      I've always promised myself that I'd be in Los Angeles in November, 2019... Only 12 years to go. Where's my flying car? (it'd make it easier to get to work).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JRM
        I've been reading about this for the past several years. It's been tied up in legal limbo for a long time. I'm glad it's finally going to see the light of day!

        I've always promised myself that I'd be in Los Angeles in November, 2019... Only 12 years to go. Where's my flying car? (it'd make it easier to get to work).
        The way people drive in L.A. i dont think we want them flying around.

        No flying cars but On-Star can open a locked car from outer space.
        phsstt!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          No flying cars but On-Star can open a locked car from outer space.
          Which helps all those blondes who have locked themselves in their cars*

          * hilarious youtube video entitled 'Blondestar"

          Comment


          • #6
            Are there only four Blade Runner fans on this site?! C'mon, people! 8)

            Comment


            • #7
              I suspect most people--unlike you and me and two other wackos--have their feets too firmly grounded in reality!

              Seen any origami cranes lately?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gh
                Seen any origami cranes lately?
                No, but a unicorn just galloped by.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JRM
                  Are there only four Blade Runner fans on this site?! C'mon, people! 8)
                  Add one more to the list -- it is one of my favorite movies.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The ending is EPIC



                    www.brmovie.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tafnut
                      THE best sci-fi movie EVER . . . by far.
                      No way, Alien is the best, Blade Runner is a close second.
                      "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Andrea_T
                        Originally posted by tafnut
                        THE best sci-fi movie EVER . . . by far.
                        No way, Alien is the best, Blade Runner is a close second.
                        Alien scared the bejesus out of me (as did The Exorcist ), but BR's characterizations are what did it for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Andrea_T
                          Originally posted by tafnut
                          THE best sci-fi movie EVER . . . by far.
                          No way, Alien is the best, Blade Runner is a close second.

                          Biut what does all this have to do with a disabled South African trying to compete with the use of prosthetics...?

                          ;]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tafnut
                            Originally posted by Andrea_T
                            Originally posted by tafnut
                            THE best sci-fi movie EVER . . . by far.
                            No way, Alien is the best, Blade Runner is a close second.
                            Alien scared the bejesus out of me (as did The Exorcist ), but BR's characterizations are what did it for me.
                            Both nearly made me wet my pants, particularly the latter, with whom I saw (massive name drop coming), Jim Bolding and Marcello Fiasconaro. Highlight was a bomb scare (at the theater next to famed Winchester Mystery House in San José) in the middle of the movie, and when they let us all back in there were about 50 more people than seats. Well executed ploy by somebody!

                            I was almost afraid to drive home alone in the dark!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gh
                              I was almost afraid to drive home alone in the dark!
                              Is this an appropriate time to mention I didn't take showers (yes, I did take baths!) for six months after Psycho, and I didn't go in the ocean for six months after Jaws.

                              [or into a Catholic Church after The Exorcist or into outer space after Alien]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X