X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EPelle
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    Originally posted by gh
    Maybe it's highly effective. There's no baseline to compare it against.
    If it was highly effective there would be no leaks . . .
    A problem you:re facing . . .
    It is not a problem I am facing - it is the innocent-until-proven-guilty athletes who are facing it. The leaks significantly damage their reputations and earnings, and it seems a few folks around here could care less about that.

Comment

Who said that?

Comment

They seem quite happy with the leaky system and the man responsible for much of it, which is essentially the same thing.

Comment

Who is happy?

Comment

Go back and read the posts yourself.

Comment

Yet, you:re still pinning leaks on Pound/WADA/labs. The 2006 leak was not attributed by any of the above. Neither was Keita:s 2007 leak. His? From his NGB. How does Pound tie in with that pain and suffering due to (alleged) NGB:s actions?

Comment

I did. That's why I asked the question.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                  I did. That's why I asked the question.
                  Then your comprehension skills are not as well-developed as I would have thought.

Comment

You're putting facts not in evidence which is exactly what you are accusing Pound of.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                      You're putting facts not in evidence which is exactly what you are accusing Pound of.
                      Again your comprehension skills are lacking. That is NOT what I am accusing Pound of. Nor is it what I am doing here.

Comment

My comprehension skills are fine. I am talking about facts about Pound. List some specific examples and whatever inside information you have about his attempts at shutting down the leaks to achieve this nirvana of perfection that is impossible in any enterprise.

Comment

Alls I said was:

1. The system is leaky - fact.
                          2. Pound is in charge of the system - fact.
                          3. Leaks hurt the athletes - fact.

I also suggested that Pound should not be commenting on cases until B tests confirm or deny wrongdoing, since in theory he is running a system which supposedly maintains confidentiality until an B test confirms an A.

Comment

But if he, as you suggest, starts to decertify labs that are leaking, isn't that throwing out the baby with the bath water? What should he do(serious question)?

Comment

You:re ignoring the fact that the last two leaks -- one of them the biggest in the history of the sport -- weren:t by means of that leaky system governed by Pound.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                                But if he, as you suggest, starts to decertify labs that are leaking, isn't that throwing out the baby with the bath water? What should he do(serious question)?
                                That was just a suggestion, and in the case of the French lab maybe not a bad one.

Another suggestion would be that since WADA has the jurisdictional authority to interrupt and/or end the career of athletes, maybe they have or should seek the same for folks working for the various components (NGB, labs, etc.) and then vigorously investigate and prosecute these leaks. Basically establish that only the athlete can divulge a failed A test and anyone else is subject to sanction.

Comment

Working...
                                X