replied
    A big NIMBY

Michelle Perry has a chainsaw ! Who knew ??? :wink:

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Re: A big Nimby

Originally posted by rasb
    Somewhere, a tree is falling in a forest.
    I didn't do. I didn't hear it. I deny all responsibility for its falling!!!

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    A big Nimby

Somewhere, a tree is falling in a forest.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Ahhh.....the sound of one hand clapping!
    Or, in this case, one mind's content . . . :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Ahhh.....the sound of one hand clapping!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Re: A big NIMBY

Originally posted by wineturtle
    Charles S. Peirce, "Logic of Events" (1898)
    Yeah, I always thought he was a Big Zero!

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle
    replied
    Re: A big NIMBY

Originally posted by MJD
    edit-never mind.
    We start, then, with nothing, pure zero. But this is not the nothing of negation. For not means other than, and other is merely a synonym of the ordinal numeral second. As such it implies a first; while the present pure zero is prior to every first. The nothing of negation is the nothing of death, which comes second to, or after, everything. But this pure zero is the nothing of not having been born. There is no individual thing, no compulsion, outward nor inward, no law. It is the germinal nothing, in which the whole universe is involved or foreshadowed. As such, it is absolutely undefined and unlimited possibility -- boundless possibility. There is no compulsion and no law. It is boundless freedom.

Charles S. Peirce, "Logic of Events" (1898)

Leave a comment:

• skyin' brian
    replied
    I still prefer Nike, but many of my favorite current athletes say "Impossible is nothing."

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
    Not slow, taffy. Just reluctant to comment on nothing.
    Isn't that what we do around here? Some of the best threads here have been about nothing! One of the most popular sitcoms of the 90s, Seinfeld, was about nothing. Friedrich Nietzsche and an entire philosophical movement is about Nothing. Nothing IS something! It's nothing!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Richardson
    replied
    Not slow, taffy. Just reluctant to comment on nothing.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Originally posted by JRM
    Originally posted by tafnut
    Well you COULD have just deleted the whole thing, nimrod, but now that I've posted you can't! :twisted:
    To all stats freaks: what is the probability that tafnut will be the second poster on ANY new thread posted to the board?
    14.64 to 1.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by JRM
    Well you COULD have just deleted the whole thing, nimrod, but now that I've posted you can't! :twisted:
    To all stats freaks: what is the probability that tafnut will be the second poster on ANY new thread posted to the board?
    Well, if you must know, I've been out since 5:00 and got back around 10:00, so Y'ALL have just been SLOW!

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X