Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing Fully Ready for OG

Ogling & Gaping, that is. Headline on homepage reports that Beijing has their first Hooters restaurant now. The Americanization of the world is one step closer to Total Assimilation (resistance is futile).

Excerpts
    When the first Hooters location opened in Clearwater, Fla., in 1983, few could ever have predicted that more than two decades later this down-home, beer-and-wing joint with its scantily clad, well-endowed servers would grow to become a symbol of America, let alone an international sensation.

Like with any cross-cultural trend, some things get lost in translation, including the name's reference to the female anatomy. In Beijing, "Hooters" simply means "owl," but that doesn't mean the point goes overlooked.

When one Hooters patron was asked whether he preferred the food or the waitstaff, he answered, "The girls better than the food."
    Honesty is the best policy.

Having never been in a Hooters (I don't like wings), my question is: how do you NOT Ogle & Gape?

[what's the over-and-under on how long this thread lasts till someone gives us TMI about a visit and it gets disappeared?]

Re: Beijing Fully Ready for OG

Originally posted by tafnut
    Having never been in a Hooters (I don't like wings) . . .
    That's two things we have in common. I must say, though, that the reasons I've never been in a Hooters have nothing to do with the menu. (I'm sure there are choices other than wings.) My reasons are (1) I don't think there's one very near where I live, (2) I don't like bad food, and (3) I don't think Mrs. tandfman would enjoy dinner very much with me sitting there OG.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
      (3) I don't think Mrs. tandfman would enjoy dinner very much with me sitting there OG.

You'd be amazed how many families are there at just about any given time. I know I am.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
        (3) I don't think Mrs. tandfman would enjoy dinner very much with me sitting there OG.
        You'd be amazed how many families are there at just about any given time. I know I am.
        Yes, but you're not married to Mrs. tandfman (or Mrs. tafnut!)

Comment

I visited one in NYC near MSG a few years back with mrs. hammy. The food was mediocre and the girls were rather tame, actually. Eye candy compared to the waitresses at the restaurants I normally go to, of course, but just about any beach in the US is more entertaining.

Comment

I have very mixed feelings about Hooters, not the boob, the establishment. On one hand whats wrong with it? Beer, pub food and plunging neck lines. No victim, no foul. Woman are beautiful and whats wrong with just looking?

On the other hand its sexist and demeaning. The female sex has been redefined as a body part, Hooters. Also women with small breasts are called "flat chested", which they are not. And woman with large breasts are called "well endowed" as if to say big boobs are better than smaller boobs. I know Tafnut is not endorsing these terms.

As you can see im very confused, as usual. Maybe i should go to Hooters for research purposes? :P
            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
              As you can see im very confused, as usual. Maybe i should go to Hooters for research purposes? :P
              Yes, do that and let us know what you find out. We all want to stay abreast of this subject. :roll:

Comment

We all want to stay abreast of this subject.
                You tryin' to get this thread busted?

Comment

We all want to stay abreast of this subject.
                  You tryin' to get this thread busted?
                  Very good, tafnut. That made me titter.

Comment

Youse guys are a bunch of boobs . . .

Comment

hmmm - suddenly I have a hankerin' for melons . . . or a rack of lamb . . . or maybe just a big glass of milk . . . :?:

Comment

Hitler had man boobs!
                        phsstt!

Comment

Tafny! But, seriously, I guess they are becoming a problem. But maybe that will give Hooters more access to good staff. To wit:

http://tinyurl.com/2lvece

How would you like to have one of those guys as your waiter?

From Getty:

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                            I see he is sporting the latest in abdomen looks - the Dunlop!

It dun lopped over his pants. :shock:

We used to tell the girls in college that once they had failed the pencil test (a pencil placed under their chestal protuberances stayed in place due to the saggage involved), they were no longer mate-worthy), but if you fail the pencil test with your BELLY . . . :shock:

Comment

We used to tell the girls in college that once they had failed the pencil test (a pencil placed under their chestal protuberances stayed in place due to the saggage involved), they were no longer mate-worthy . .
                              That must have made you very popular.

Comment

Working...
                              X