Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Pay Not To Stand In Airport Security Line?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Pay Not To Stand In Airport Security Line?

100 bucks a year?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... e=business

Nope! That's why it's nice having two toddlers with me. I get ushered to the front every time.
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Yeah, but then you gotta' fly with two toddlers. I think I'd rather stand in the security line.

Comment

See you on the plane buddy! Security line won't protect you forever. Besides, my kids are usually zonked the whole way anyway.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
          . . . my kids are usually zonked the whole way anyway.
          Them's my kind of toddlers.

Comment

Depends on how often and from / to where I typically fly. While waiting for 2 hours (no embellishment) for a recent international flight at 2 a.m. out of JFK, I must admit I was a tad bit intrigued by the wide-open Clear entrance that was taunting us. For a regular international traveler, it seems like it could be worth it.

Comment

$ecurity

Amtrak, if it's DC-Bost distance or shorter (eight hours). For cross country trips or Can., $200 one time fee.

BCB

Comment

Nope! That's why it's nice having two toddlers with me. I get ushered to the front every time.
                Unfortunately not on Southwest anymore as of yesterday. Finally have a kid and only got to go to the front of the line twice before then ruined it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                  Unfortunately not on Southwest anymore as of yesterday. Finally have a kid and only got to go to the front of the line twice before then ruined it for me!
                  I hope that's not why you had the kid.

Comment

Re: $ecurity

Originally posted by bijanc
                    Amtrak, if it's DC-Bost distance or shorter (eight hours). For cross country trips or Can., $200 one time fee.

BCB
                    In my experience travelling from NYC to PA, NY, and RI, Amtrak is less reliable, professional, and more expensive than any airline I've flown.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      I hope that's not why you had the kid.
                      That's as good a reason as any ain't it?

Comment

I have this little thing attached to my wallet which allows me to skip the normal queues and pass "go" (but not security checkpoints and scans) in another location as well. Had to pay a lot of time and energy to get it, but it:s worth it in one of the countries I frequently visit... one where Jay Peterman had a bit of a collapse.

Comment

OK, I'll bite. Would you care to be a bit less cryptic about your queue skipping thing?

Comment

I have a pass available for investigative purposes which allows me access to anywhere in one particular terminal at that airport. The why and how is up to how vivid your imagination can get 8).

Comment

Do you have a double-0 number?

Comment

Working...
                              X