• Show
Clear All

• UK upends #1 LSU in 3OT

The season of upsets continues. UK 43, LSU 37

Re: UK upends #1 LSU in 3OT

Originally posted by DrJay
    The season of upsets continues.

Keep 'em coming.

Ohio State will at least move to #2 in the first BCS rankings this week, and right now Cal is in a battle with Oregon State, so.....

Oh, by the way, LSU's loss means my hometown Cincinnati Bearcats now have the longest winning streak in the nation. A win against Louisville tonight may well move them into the top 10.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Tough schedule for the Wildcats this year. Ranked teams: UL (well, they were ranked), South Carolina, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia.

Comment

LSU's receivers should be studied by the Center for Disease and Control because they couldn't catch a cold if they spent a year babysitting kindergarteners.

Comment

Uh-oh. Cal teetering....

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272860025

Comment

The UK play football over here? :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
              The UK play football over here? :shock:

lol, before this year I would have said the same :shock: :wink:

Comment

They're usually a punching bag for Tennessee and FLorida and such, though did go 10-1 in 1977, losing only to Baylor in 100+F weather in Texas early season, but were on probation that year so no bowl game (yes, we have to reach back 30 years for a modicum of football glory.)

Comment

Originally posted by guru

You gotta wonder about being in field goal range to tie the game, trying a running play with 13 seconds left, and you have NO TIME OUTS. :shock:

So your #1 and #2 teams this week ladies and gentlemen: Ohio State and Boston College :shock:

Comment

You gotta wonder about being in field goal range to tie the game, trying a running play with 13 seconds left, and you have NO TIME OUTS. :shock:
                    Redshirt freshman backup QB in his first college game ever screws up that last play. Actually played a great game overall considering. Hope the play doesn't mess with his head . ..

Comment

So your #1 and #2 teams this week ladies and gentlemen: Ohio State and Boston College :shock:
                      With Oklahoma possibly #3!! Even with the one loss. Ohio State has a tough road ahead of them. Michigan State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan are still on the schedule. I don't think we're done with the upsets yet.
                      If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
                        With Oklahoma possibly #3!!
                        Nope. #3 likely South Florida :shock: :shock:

Ohio State has a tough road ahead of them. Michigan State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan are still on the schedule. I don't think we're done with the upsets yet.

This Ohio State defense is the stoutest since Tressel has been there. It's scary how good they are right now, and the offense is starting to find it's footing. While I agree there are some tough games ahead(I believe the Penn State game is the most dangerous), one thing you can be sure of: Tressel will not make the bone-headed coaching errors we saw from LSU and Cal tonight. If Ohio State loses, it won't be because of a blown play call at the end of the game.

Comment

. . . one thing you can be sure of: Tressel will not make the bone-headed coaching errors we saw from LSU and Cal tonight.
                          Cal's error was not a coaching error - it was a rookie QB in his first game (thanks to injury to the 1st string QB) error . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            . . . one thing you can be sure of: Tressel will not make the bone-headed coaching errors we saw from LSU and Cal tonight.
                            Cal's error was not a coaching error - it was a rookie QB in his first game (thanks to injury to the 1st string QB) error . . .
                            Why even gamble on one last play with NO timeouts, especially with an inexperienced QB? 4 things can happen on that pass play, and 3 of them are bad. Kick it and move on to OT....

Comment

Enjoy your short stay at the top spot, Mr. Beat the Crap out of Kent State . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X