Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMc
    Also did Owens run 10.2 or is this a converted 9.3y?
    10.2 in the 1936 NCAA meet, tying Ralph Metcalf's never recognized (but also in the NCAA meet - 1932) 10.2. So for 4 years the NCAA record was better than the WR!!
    (courtesy the IAAF WR Progression book)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      Not that bad after all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/n ... id=3171133
      There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        I predict that the school taking home the crystal football on January 8 will be a school that already has one. And I still maintain that despite the unprecedented number of upsets this season, the clock will strike midnight for all the would-be Cinderellas before the final whistle blows on January 7.
        Here's why it's so hard for schools that aren't members of college football royalty to take home the crystal football.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/13726027.html

The going rate for head coaches at the schools that make up college football royalty is $3,000,000+. Coordinators at these schools make $400,000 - $600,000. Bill Stewart, Rich Rodriguez's top assistant at WVU was only making $139,000. That's why the Hawaiis, Missouris and West Virginias of the world will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to competing with the LSU's and Ohio States of the world. Who believes that Louis Lambert, a.k.a. Don Quixote, will be successful at defeating LSU's proposed ticket price increase? In big time college football, just like in presidential politics, if you want to play, you've got to pay. And based on the number of my co-workers, who left their homes at midnight to go to the local sporting goods stores to buy championship shirts to wear to work the next day, the people of south Louisiana are willing to pay.

Comment

Working...
        X