Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame is now 1-9!

Good thing they got Charlie Weis for the next 10 years.

HO, ho, ho.... they sure looked pretty awful yesterday.

Don't worry, my good old Duke, 1-9 themselves, will be the magic winning potion for ND next week... and I'll have to be there to see it !

Comment

Having always been a ND-Hatah, my heart-cockles are toasty, but it's also kinda sad.

Comment

This being the 50th anniversary of Notre Dame stopping Oklahoma's 50 something win streak, it is only fitting ND should be having a lousy year.

Comment

I think their strength of scheduling over the years and the annual pressure to perform with "All the tallent they have (whatever that means)" finally caught up to them. I am having a great time watching them this year because negative things are being said about that football team. I will never be a fan of the team either. On a positive note, they did beat UCLA on the road (ASU survived yesterday) and they can look forward to playing better next year. Can it get worse for them?

Comment

If one simply had enough fingers upon which to count the ways it could get worse next year.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              If one simply had enough fingers upon which to count the ways it could get worse next year.
              I can use one finger: They lose all their games next year. That includes Navy since the streak of beating them is over. If you want to add injuries, firings, fans getting off their bandwagon (yes, a lot people like this team), or a possible cancellation of their program, I can see your point.

Comment

There:s no way they:d cancel ND fotboll... there are other Rudy figures out there who need their five minutes of fame! There is much for which to answer entering the winter months, but hopefully they:ll have their recruits in place for next year and athletes not destined for bowl-game glory who want to ride a positive wave will jump at the chance to play for Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  There:s no way they:d cancel ND fotboll... there are other Rudy figures out there who need their five minutes of fame! There is much for which to answer entering the winter months, but hopefully they:ll have their recruits in place for next year and athletes not destined for bowl-game glory who want to ride a positive wave will jump at the chance to play for Notre Dame.
                  I was just listing some possible outcomes to prove your point of how much worse (or finding enough fingers to point out problems) it can get at the school. It will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                    This being the 50th anniversary of Notre Dame stopping Oklahoma's 50 something win streak, it is only fitting ND should be having a lousy year.
                    Bud Wilkinson's Sooners won 47 in a row.

Comment

Re: Notre Dame is now 1-9!

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                      Maybe they should get themselves a real coach, like the last one they fired. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Bud Wilkinson's Sooners won 47 in a row.
                        Right you are.. should have looked it up.. Sooners also had a 31 game win streak 1948-50.. and, I think, ND ended that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                          Maybe they should get themselves a real coach, like the last one they fired. Idiots.
                          I am no ND fan and am enjoying the heck out of this college FB season (primarily due to the equally unprecedented Kansas success), but are you referring to the former coach who is in last place in the PAC-10?

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                            Originally posted by Daisy
                            I am no ND fan and am enjoying the heck out of this college FB season (primarily due to the equally unprecedented Kansas success), but are you referring to the former coach who is in last place in the PAC-10?
                            In what state did he inherit the last place team? How long did ND give the guy to prove himself?

Comment

Maybe they should get themselves a real coach
                              That's been an ongoing question for a long time. I've never really been impressed with their selections. Sometimes it's been embarrassing, like the resume fiasco or the Faust disaster. There is something about getting somebody really good that they can't handle.

The best guy they have had is probably Holtz and I think the administration was always worried he was going to have NCAA problems. Suffice to say their hires have been underwhelming.

Comment

Working...
                              X