Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friar
    Maybe they should get themselves a real coach
    That's been an ongoing question for a long time. I've never really been impressed with their selections.
    ND was Urban Meyer's dream job. He was an assistant there early on. They tried to get him but were so slow approaching him they missed out. Florida had a private jet in the air to Utah within hours of firing Ron Zook and had him committed before ND could get him on the phone.

Comment

Our Lady of South Bend

Must be the tough schedule w/ all those service academies on it.

BCB

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        Don't worry, my good old Duke, 1-9 themselves, will be the magic winning potion for ND next week... and I'll have to be there to see it !
        Steve - you coming to the game? Let's get together - send me an e-mail and we'll set it up. Maybe Dr. Ngo can join us - we can criticize tafnut, malmo, pela, et. al.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar
          Maybe they should get themselves a real coach
          That's been an ongoing question for a long time. I've never really been impressed with their selections. Sometimes it's been embarrassing, like the resume fiasco or the Faust disaster. There is something about getting somebody really good that they can't handle.

The best guy they have had is probably Holtz and I think the administration was always worried he was going to have NCAA problems. Suffice to say their hires have been underwhelming.
          I'm a huge Notre Dame fan - always have been. My Dad was an Irishman from around New York and I was brought up (in the late 50s-early 60s) being taught that only Notre Dame, Army, Navy played real college football. First college football game I went to was Army-Navy in 1963 - Army won, Rollie Stichweh QBing Army over Navy and Staubach. If Notre Dame was in the south so I coulda played golf year-round, I'da probably gone there.

Having said that - I really don't think Notre Dame has had an outstanding coach since Ara Parseghian. Holtz was good but I would never put him in the upper echelon of great college coaches.

But Duke Blue is too deep - so I gotta root for the Blue Devils this weekend. By the by, they are currently destroying New Mexico State in hoops on the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
            we can criticize tafnut, malmo, pela, et. al.
            You need to a football game with steve to do that?! Hey, this is Bash Central right here - go for it!!

Comment

Sorry

Steve - you coming to the game? Let's get together - send me an e-mail and we'll set it up. Maybe Dr. Ngo can join us
              Sorry, but I'm not going to be in South Bend next weekend. Oddly, I won't be in Durham, either! It's Madison WI, to visit my son and heir and (incidentally) probably freeze my ass off. (Oh, and watch OSU-UM with my son; I graduated from UM and he was born in A2.)

So - in South Bend, Madison, Ann Arbor, and Durham:

GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
              X