• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, nobody nominating Alexander?

I cried when they wouldn't gimme my money back. :evil:

Comment

Re: movies that make men cry ???

Originally posted by jhc68
      Since about 90% of posters here seem to be male, this idiotic online article seems appropriate to consider:
      http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0924/20070926/

25 movie moments that purportedly cause grown men to weep.

I'd be the first to admit that movies can move me emotionally, but the choices here are just bizarre. I mean, did anyone here cry when Rocky triumphed over the big blond Russian bully? Or at the end of E.T.? Or during Butch and Sundance's last shoot out? ...
      It's obviously a personal thing. I cop to being one of the great movie weepers of all-time and of course the Butch/Sundance shootout is a weller-upper.

Last of the Mohicans and Legends of the Fall both near the top of the list for me. (I had to quit taking the latter on planes w/ me)

Comment

Anyone see Into the Wild in its recent run? Had to cry at the end and I already knew the ending. True stories 'hurt' the worst.

Comment

Old Yeller. A total tearfest.

Also Lassie Come Home, although in fairness, I saw it on an airplane and had already had 4 bourbons. At that point, I probably would have cried over the weather report.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson
            Also Lassie Come Home, although in fairness, I saw it on an airplane and had already had 4 bourbons. At that point, I probably would have cried over the weather report.
            Movies about pets totally don't count. That's called the 'Kodak Effect'. Put little kids giggling with furry kitties or puppies and everyone goes, 'Awwwwww.' Alcohol-induced pathos is also out. I've had way too many TMIs shared with me with complete strangers who had to spill their guts to me while TUI.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
              Originally posted by dj
              Originally posted by jhc68
              Also, Bang the Drum Slowly.
              And I learned how to play Tegwar !
              I played a mean Tegwar, but I'd hate to have to go up against malmo!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                Originally posted by lonewolf
                I cannot remember particular scenes that may have rendered me "dewey eyed".
                If you hover your mouse (if I have written that phrase 30 years ago, what would people have thought?!) over the thumbnail of the scene on that site, you'll get a brief synopsis of the 'moment'.
                Color me an insensitive clod. I "hovered my mouse" over all 25 thumbnails.. nada...

Comment

If you hover your mouse (if I have written that phrase 30 years ago, what would people have thought?!) over the thumbnail of the scene on that site, you'll get a brief synopsis of the 'moment'.
                  Color me an insensitive clod. I "hovered my mouse" over all 25 thumbnails.. nada...
                  I actually had to click on the thumbnail.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                    I actually had to click on the thumbnail.
                    Oh, I clicked the tumbnail and got the presumably touching scenario but.. nada effect on me.

Comment

gh.... Legends of the Fall?????????????? I left that flick laughing hysterically. I happened to be with a group of high school students traveling in Central America at the time. They asked what was so funny and I told them that I found the movie's plot and acting ludicrous and they all got angry, except for a couple who thought the film was as silly as I did. To each his own, I guess!

Comment

Tear-jerkers:

"Dead Man Walking"
                        "Dancer in the Dark"

Comment

The 1979 version of The Champ with Rick(y) Schroeder and
                          Angelina Jolie's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitman
                            Angelina Jolie's dad.
                            Jon Voight - Academy Award-winning actor (Coming Home) and star of great movies like

Midnight Cowboy
                            Catch-22
                            Deliverance
                            The Odessa File
                            Conrack

is now just 'Angelina's dad'?

Comment

Bambi. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Richardson

I know this is a guy thread but "Old Yeller" just about killed me as a child. I cried and cried . Of course they didn't show Old Y being shot but it was almost worse leaving it to your imagination. :cry: :cry:

I could get in big trouble talking about some of the movies my DH has cried during. :shock: :?

Do any of you guys have "Love Story" on your list? 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X