Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhc68
    replied
    As John McKay used to say when he was second-guessed for having his tailbacks carry the ball so much, "It really doesn't weigh very much."

I'd guess Timmy Smith, just because he is the only other Redskin running back I can recall.

Still, Riggins has the one accomplishment that will never be eclipsed: the wonderful performance at a formal D.C. dinner where he drank a lot (even for Riggo standards), eventually ended up horizontal on the floor in his tux(ostensibly because of back pain), and purportedly called Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day-O'Connor "Sandy Baby" while urging her to loosen up a bit. There ought to be a Joe Don Looney award for behavior by a football player outside the envelope of normal reality, and Riggins should have been the first winner for that performance 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    What Washington Redskin (not Riggo) holds the NFL record for most carries in a game (albeit OT) and how many?

Leave a comment:

• Texas
    started a topic Lamon Mudlow

Lamon Mudlow

I'm looking at the BCS ranking in the Fresno Bee when I happen to notice

Sierra 59 COS 57

That's Cali JC football which gets little play. This was a tiny box scores deal it's self. Then I noticed....L. Mudlow.. 53 carries, 258 yards, six td's.....WHOA!!!!!

53 carries!!!!!!!!!

Is that some kind of record?

I think it was Lamon?
Working...
X