Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Get A Word Stuck In Your Head?

Some mornings I wake up and I'll have a word rolling around in my head for no apparent reason, and sometimes it won't go away (just like a song clip) the rest of the day.

The other day I woke up w/ Tralfamidore, and in its buzzing about it soon transmogrified into both Trantor and Tantor. (There is a point to all this!)

So, for the quiz of the day, ID those three words.

quiz=no peekie! Anywhere!

Re: Ever Get A Word Stuck In Your Head?

Originally posted by gh
    Some mornings I wake up and I'll have a word rolling around in my head for no apparent reason, and sometimes it won't go away (just like a song clip) the rest of the day.

The other day I woke up w/ Tralfamidore, and in its buzzing about it soon transmogrified into both Trantor and Tantor. (There is a point to all this!)

So, for the quiz of the day, ID those three words.

quiz=no peekie! Anywhere!
    Weird, I had Tralfamidore stuck in my head briefly the other day as well. I was driving to work at the time, don't know why, I guess that it's just a really cool word (place actually). Sadly, I can only guess as to the last two words and I'll spare myself the embarrassment of guessing incorrectly.

Comment

LOTR references of some sort?

Comment

I can go through periods(about 3 to 6 months) where this can happen to me in a very intense way usually it is more than a word it is an interesting phrase. Over my lifetime this generally occurs about once every 2 to 4 years..
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
          LOTR references of some sort?
          nope----and the words are not related in any specific sense like that.

Comment

I'm pretty darned sure Tralfamidore is the Vonnegut alien planet in Slaugterhouse-5 and the other two words look familiar too.

edit - after looking the last two up, I should have gotten the first, but had no inkling on the second.

Comment

What part of "no peekie" don't you understand? Why can't you ever play one of these games without cheating?

Comment

Transmogrofied is easy enough, it means to transform into something unuseable or strange like a styrofoam cup placed too close to the campfire. Or after a week serving the most popular presidential campaign team in our county my native Iowa daughter was transmogrified into a mindless sloganeering wonk.

I distinctly recall the first time I heard this word. It was on a talk radio program sometime back in the 80s or early 90s at the latest as I tried to chew away the time and keep myself awake. It was one of those weirdish pseudo-psychologist (bordering on religious) types and he used it way too often but after getting home I checked its meaning and was amazed at how accurate his usage was. It was stuck in my head for about 6 months after that. I was fully transmogrified. Not at all surprizing that this word could get jammed in the memory bank.

Oh sorry that was not one of the words.... oh well... Ill stand in the corner next to tafnut for 15min.
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Words don't stick in my head because...I have a diminished short term memory due to a neurological condition. I have a decent long term memory that helps compensate for it.

cman :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by cullman
                    Words don't stick in my head because...I have a diminished short term memory due to a neurological condition. I have a decent long term memory that helps compensate for it.cman :roll:
                    Memory of what? :wink:

Comment

No words, but I've had Buckethead's "Wondering" stuck in my head for at least four days now. At least it drowns out the voices.......

http://tinyurl.com/yrxhmm

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                        Memory of what? :wink:
                        Zactly.

Comment

Words don't stick in my head because...I have a diminished short term memory due to a neurological condition. I have a decent long term memory that helps compensate for it.

If Cullman--king of the obscure--can't come up with an answer, guess I better start tossing out some hints!

Comment

You have CRS

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
                              You have CRS
                              that's too bad

Caudal Regression Syndrome - a rare disorder in which there is abnormal fetal development of the lower spine.

Comment

Working...
                              X