X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Originally posted by Texas
    But why does a team with superior athletes need to be fired up to dominate in the trenches? I can see where lack of motivation might cause a lot of missed assignments and silly penalties. But that shouldn't matter in the trenches where finesse isn't an issue. Do you think a super heavyweight Olympic weightlifter needs to be motivated to beat a middleweight Olympic weightlifter?
    Have somebody push you and you'll respond a certain way. Now what if they push your wife or mother? Totally different deal.....huh? Now it's ...serious!!!!!!! No different in football, it's all about.."passion"...without it you are just playing. With it you can't wait for the snap so ya can search and destroy.

Why do ya think coachs try to rev up the troops with little pre game speeches? Could it be they know how important it is to be jacked up and ready to tear off some heads? How do ya sell..'beat App State"..to a Michigan?
    That motivation crap just doesn't mean much in the trenches the way I see it, especially after the powerhouse team gets behind and they have a humiliating defeat staring them in the face. Do you really think Michigan wasn't motivated by the time the second half started? Or do you think they said, "Well, this isn't the national championship game, so what if Appalachian State beats us"? And still they were unable to dominate the trenches the way Georgia did Tuesday night.
    There is a difference anticipating something and preparing for something over a period of time that is of the utmost importance than playing "just" an early season game with a team ya should trounce. A big game should bring out the best in an athlete. Yep it doesn't always and it's a shame.

Do ya watch the NFL Pro Bowl? Where's the ..grrrrrr!!!...there? Did ya notice how many NFL team with nothing to play for lost? Did ya notice those that had to have it won?

It's all about motivation. Trust me sometimes in these bowl games it's just not there, or it comes and goes. Tune in the NFL playoffs if ya wanna see a bunch of jacked up athletes.

Comment

But why does a team with superior athletes need to be fired up to dominate in the trenches? I can see where lack of motivation might cause a lot of missed assignments and silly penalties. But that shouldn't matter in the trenches where finesse isn't an issue. Do you think a super heavyweight Olympic weightlifter needs to be motivated to beat a middleweight Olympic weightlifter?
      Have somebody push you and you'll respond a certain way. Now what if they push your wife or mother? Totally different deal.....huh? Now it's ...serious!!!!!!! No different in football, it's all about.."passion"...without it you are just playing. With it you can't wait for the snap so ya can search and destroy.

Why do ya think coachs try to rev up the troops with little pre game speeches? Could it be they know how important it is to be jacked up and ready to tear off some heads? How do ya sell..'beat App State"..to a Michigan?
      That motivation crap just doesn't mean much in the trenches the way I see it, especially after the powerhouse team gets behind and they have a humiliating defeat staring them in the face. Do you really think Michigan wasn't motivated by the time the second half started? Or do you think they said, "Well, this isn't the national championship game, so what if Appalachian State beats us"? And still they were unable to dominate the trenches the way Georgia did Tuesday night.
      There is a difference anticipating something and preparing for something over a period of time that is of the utmost importance than playing "just" an early season game with a team ya should trounce. A big game should bring out the best in an athlete. Yep it doesn't always and it's a shame.

Do ya watch the NFL Pro Bowl? Where's the ..grrrrrr!!!...there? Did ya notice how many NFL team with nothing to play for lost? Did ya notice those that had to have it won?

It's all about motivation. Trust me sometimes in these bowl games it's just not there, or it comes and goes. Tune in the NFL playoffs if ya wanna see a bunch of jacked up athletes.
      The difference is that there's a parity of talent that exists in the NFL that doesn't exist when the Alabamas of the world line up against the Louisiana-Monroes of the world. The best NFL team playing the worst NFL team is comparable to LSU vs Ole Miss, not Michigan vs App. St. Why do you think college fooball has so many more lopsided scores than the NFL? Furthermore, once an NFL team can no longer improve or hurt their playoff position, as was the case with Indianapolis vs Tennessee, the team literally doesn't care whether they win or not. The #1 priority then becomes keeping everybody healthy. Do you really think Tony Dungy would have pulled Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne after the first quarter if he was worried about winning? Of course not, because he didn't care, but I can assure that Lloyd Carr did care about losing to App. St.

Comment

Working...
      X