Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you long jump 16 feet if your life depended on it?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you long jump 16 feet if your life depended on it?

Two inmates in a prison in Elizabeth, NJ, could and did, according to nytimes.com.

They squeezed out of their cells and out of the building through holes barely larger than a sheet of legal paper and then long-jumped 16 feet from a roof over a fence topped with razor wire, landing on a railroad bed.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/17/nyreg ... yt&emc=rss

Sounds like it could have been a net downhill. Also, is the first point of contact 16 feet or do they just have to get the body to that point. They probably had a pretty short runway and did not get a chance to get their steps down, increasing the difficulty, of course.

Comment

Imagine getting stuck inside the walls.

Comment

Now there's a Donald Thomas story in the making. If only we could train them and expunge their records.....
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Could you long jump 16 feet if your life depended on it?
          no . . . ops: . . . I took on my freshman (!!!) girl in a jump-off in the spring and she beat me 16'6 to 15'6 . . .
          I guess SHE needs to starting coaching ME.

Comment

You Load 16 Feet, And Whaddya Get?

Depends on the stakes. Excerpt says they long jumped 16 feet over a "...fence...". That sounds tougher. How high was the fence?

Helps to be 20 and 24 years of age, or whatever they are.

Comment

Is there a wind reading on this jump?

Comment

Working...
              X