Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'll be betting on Kentucky...

... oh, those wacky Seminole kids...

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/s ... 01?cid=942

Re: I think I'll be betting on Kentucky...

Originally posted by gh
    ... oh, those wacky Seminole kids
    heard it on the local news . . . sigh . . . what's a coach to DO . . . ops:

Comment

gh, I am guessing that the betting line is now listed as OFF; they are not going to take bets at least until the personnel are identified.

It said that they are going to possibly lose time next year, but what about games already played? If they cheated and did not pass when would they be ineligible? Was it all this semester or before that? Were enough units completed to be eligible?

I bet the bowl hosts are ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
        Originally posted by gh
        Hilarious. Yes, I'm sure we're all SHOCKED that this could occur on Bowden's "watch".

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
          Originally posted by gh
          Hilarious. Yes, I'm sure we're all SHOCKED that this could occur on Bowden's "watch".
          Bobby gives the same speech to every recruit's mama, as he sits down to eat dinner with them.

"Don't you fret none, Mz. Smith. I'm agonna take care of yer youngun and make sure he gets a good edjacation. If'n he gets in a little scrape with the rules, I promise to stand by him, just as you would!"

Works every time!

He really does mean well, but his heart is soft and sometimes it looks like he's condoning the misdeeds, which he's not. He was a Wild Boy in his youth too. 8)

Comment

He really does mean well, but his heart is soft and sometimes it looks like he's condoning the misdeeds, which he's not. He was a Wild Boy in his youth too. 8)
            Whatever helps you chop with a clear conscience.

Comment

Are FSU fans really upset? Talk about the prime opportunity to force Bowden to retire before the football program drops to a low it can't recover from.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                Are FSU fans really upset? Talk about the prime opportunity to force Bowden to retire before the football program drops to a low it can't recover from.
                SMU all over again?
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

prime opportunity to force Bowden to retire
                  That just ain't gonna happen. No more than Penn St would fire Joe Pa. They've already signed his successor (current OffCoord), and now we're just waiting . . . he hasn't been as involved as he used to be, so his share of the blame for recent years has been attenuated. I'm a proud Noles fan, and helped pay his salary for 6 years (.0000000000001%), but as far as I'm concerned, he can stay as long as his lil pea-picking heart desires!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    He might start stressing "student" in the "student-athlete" equation.

Comment

That just ain't gonna happen. No more than Penn St would fire Joe Pa.
                      I find it hard to imagine anything of that magnitude happening under Joe Pa. (Am I being naive?)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        I find it hard to imagine anything of that magnitude happening under Joe Pa. (Am I being naive?)
                        I wouldn't rule it out, but I certainly think that the institutional controls are likely much more solid at PSU vs. FSU.

It's hilarious that anyone would try to paint Bowden as a victim of his own kind heart here.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman

Yes, I believe you are being a bit naive, though Penn State is probably a bit more academic than Florida State. Fact is guys like Paterno and Bowden are so out of touch with the young men on their team because of their age. I wonder how much actual coaching they do, besides the pre and post game speeches.
                          There are no strings on me

Comment

It was not just athletes who were caught up in this, by the way. This was bad judgement by young folks who should really know better.

However, as a Kentucky fan, I have to confess to being a bit please with the timing....... 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                              SMU all over again?
                              SMU got the 'death penalty'. I do not think that is in the offing here, I am not aware of the probation status, but if that were a major issue it would be have been part of the discussion, I presume.

Comment

Working...
                              X