Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 2007 Top 10 Movie List

We started this before, but now you can list them officially. Saw over 100 (!!!) films this year. My faves are . . . (drumroll) . . .

1. Live Free or Die Hard - everything blowed up extra real good
    2. Transformers - best special effects I've ever seen, but at heart, a comedy
    3. Bourne Ultimatum - They get better every time out
    4. 3:10 To Yuma - classic western with two superstar actors
    5. Juno - a 'perfect' love (sic) story
    6. Once - cinema verite at it's veribest
    7. 300 - I'm a sucker for this histothriller stuff
    8. Spiderman 3 - just cuz I'm a comic book movie fan
    9. Knocked Up - funny stuff
    10. Michael Clayton - Mr. Clooney on top of his game
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    HM. American Gangster - slipped outta Top 10 cuz I just saw Juno. Down from my original esteemation, hafta admit Godfather was better.

Pardon my ignorance, but you didn't actually go to the movies 100 times this year, did you???

Comment

Originally posted by gm
      Pardon my ignorance, but you didn't actually go to the movies 100 times this year, did you???
      Yup, and about 90 were for free . . . I know a guy . . . usually Tuesday and Thursday evenings before they premiere.

Comment

I hate to sound like an old guy, but I can't remember the last time I stepped inside a theatre. I know we saw "Live Free or Die Hard" for fun, I think that was it. I had the (mis)fortune of seeing the Simpsons Movie and "Transformers" for free on the plane (well, the latter until I just shut it off and listened to the baby scream a few rows back).

Comment

Everything pales in comparison to No Country for Old Men.

Comment

I'm with JRM here... can't really remember going into a theater in a couple years. I might have once, but can't be sure.

You are truly a movie maven, taf!

Comment

I've been twice this year; the documentary about the Apollo program and the Brit Flick, Death at a Funeral. Both were very enjoyable. This was a slow year, normally I'd see about 6-8 and then only ones I may forget about when they show up on DVD.

I've seen three of tafnut's top six on DVD. I'd rate them individually as: 1) laughably bad 2) complete rubbish 3) not bad/average.....

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                I've seen three of tafnut's top six on DVD. I'd rate them individually as: 1) laughably bad 2) complete rubbish 3) not bad/average.....
                Considering what Brits think is funny, I'll take that as a high compliment! And as far as NCFOM . . . that easily made my Bottom 5 list . . . which I now have to run off and compile!

Comment

OK, I'm back with the worst, of which there are 2 tied for second and then The Worst. But first the Honorable Mentions:

No Country For Old Men
                  Game Plan
                  Good Luck Chuck
                  Shoot 'em Up
                  Peaceful Warrior
                  Alpha Dog
                  Because I Said So

Tied at Second Worst:
                  Peaceful Warrior - unintelligible
                  I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (walked out on)

And the Worst, by far:
                  Balls of Fury - 'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                    Everything pales in comparison to No Country for Old Men.
                    I agree, that was my no 1
                    Also liked "The Wind that Shakes the Barley"
                    3:10 to Yuma
                    Eastern Promises
                    Rescue Dawn

The only other move I went to see was "The Mist". Big mistake!

Can't wait to see Paul Thomas Anderson's "There will be Blood"

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                      Considering what Brits think is funny, I'll take that as a high compliment! And as far as NCFOM . . . that easily made my Bottom 5 list . . . which I now have to run off and compile!
                      British humour is the best!

I only saw one movie on your top ten list (Knocked Up- okay but would not make a top ten list) but I would rather have a root canal than watch any of the others.
                      And a Die Hard movie as number one? :shock:

I can't wait to see Atonement.

Comment

Just remembered I saw Transformers recently on a plane somewhere between Singapore and Sydney. Silly nonsense and I fell asleep.

Also discovered I've had Spiderman 3 from blockbuster.com sitting here unwatched for three weeks. I'll watch it with interest soon. The interest being, can it possibly confirm tafnut as the worst movie reviewer of the year in the context of movies I enjoy? The odds look good........

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                          And a Die Hard movie as number one? :shock:
                          It's guy thing - you wouldn't understand!

The interest being, can it possibly confirm tafnut as the worst movie reviewer of the year in the context of movies I enjoy? The odds look good........
                          Akchewly . . . the one city newspaper here decided in its infinite wisdom (sic) to reassign THE local movie reviewer, a good friend who was GREAT, to 'other things', so now random people say that actually go by MY review in the Friday 'People's Critic' column of the paper (you may recall, it's limited to 75 words). So THERE, Markie! :twisted:

edit - STOP THE PRESSES - we just went to see a new movie called Juno and LOVED it. It has to move all the way up to #5, knocking Denzel and Russell out!! :shock:

Comment

Since I only saw two movies this year, here is my top 2. :P

Mr. Bean's Holiday
                            Ratatouille

I might add Alvin and the chipmunks this weekend though.

Comment

Re: Your 2007 Top 10 Movie List

Originally posted by tafnut
                              We started this before, but now you can list them officially. Saw over 100 (!!!) films this year. My faves are . . . (drumroll) . . .

1. Live Free or Die Hard - everything blowed up extra real good
                              2. Transformers - best special effects I've ever seen, but at heart, a comedy
                              3. Bourne Ultimatum - They get better every time out

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                              I wondered if this was tafnut's list or my 13 year old son's....
                              :lol:

I thought that they had tried to teach culture and taste at Stanfurd, but apparently they focus on something else.....
                              :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X